Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday Weigh In - Self Inflicted damage

2007 Start Weight - 219lbs

Last Weeks Weight - 210.9lb

Todays Actual Weight - 212.8lb

Loss/Gain this week - +1.9lb

Loss so far in 2007 - 6.2lb

Today's Target Weight - 205lb

Loss/Gain against Target - +7.8lb

Well a bad week I have to report I've actually put on 1.9lb in the week but to be honest I'm not surprised and I've only myself to blame. I am now a massive 7.8lb behind my running target and have only lost 6.2lb since the start of the year.
I'm only two weeks away from my first vacation and my target before I go is 203lb I've certainly got my work cut out to get anywhere near that. If anyone remembers my plan I posted at the beginning of the year ( 2007 Weight Loss Plan ) it was to reduce by an average 1lb per week but does allow for a 5lb increase on vacations. So I suppose if I can be 208lb in 4 weeks time I'd be back on track but to be honest losing weight on vacation is very doubtful.

Why I failed badly this week is simple :-
1. I've been lazy over the Easter Weekend and not exercised.
2. I've eaten a lot of Chocolate with it been easter.
3. I've been out drinking three times (a lot of drinks each time),
a) Thursday for a meal which also involved eating late at night,
b) Saturday was lads night out in York which again involved eating late (and cheeseburger and chips ain't good).
c) Monday we didn't have a Pool match so after a practice ended up at a quiz in a local pub (didn't win) and they brought sandwiches round in the interval.

What am I going to do about it ?
1. No eating after 6pm this week.
2. My car is locked in my garage and I will be walking the 2.5miles each way to and from work (started today).
3. Only one night out for Pool on Monday.
4. Two meals per day Breakfast and Evening meal, four pieces of fruit throughout the day between these.

Hopfully I'll see some improvement next week if I can keep this up.

11 comments:

Meow Meow said...

You can't give up! We all make choices we know we could have improved on~

Yep. Even the women in your life make poor choices. But after all you have lost this year and not gained!!!!!This alone is a FEAT!!

You should be patting yourself on he back and know you have made some REALLY GOOD choices this year.

Suzy said...

Oh dear! You had fun though didn't you?! The main thing is you are back on track now and you still have two weeks. I am sure all that walking to and from work will help you get rid of the Easter gain and get you ready for another great vacation. :-)

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
I don't intend to give up I'm just a bit dissapointed with myself, I really do want to break the 200lb barrier this year but I'm finding motivation difficult at present.
Its much harder than last year when I lost 30lb although most of it was in the first 6 months.
I know I'll gain on vacations because I'm there to enjoy myself and I've allowed for that but between these trips I need to do better.

Suzy,
Hopfully I'm back on track but I've to prove that next wednesday at the weigh in.
Your right though I did have fun and thats half my problem I can't turn a party down.

celtic_girl said...

I understand the disappointment you are feeling,but I think your've done well only gaining the 1.9lbs,going on what you did the previous week, if that was me it would have been doubled or more.

Good on you for putting a strategy in place to rectify the issues.

airliebird58 said...

Its so easy to slip back after the hard work. I know someone who did that, ok, actually its me! I know I do have some excuses with my bad knees and that but I just got lazy really. Don't make the same mistake, you have done so well :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
I always see things as a challenge and become dissapointed when I lose. This is a loss and I'm a bad loser.
I am much more focussed this week and aim to report a good weigh in result next wednesday.

Airliebird,
You are so right about how easy it is to slip back, I don't intend to let that happen. I know I'll have ups and downs but I never want to get near the 249lb I was in January 2005.
Bad knees are a killer its so hard to motivate the exercise when in pain. I know all about arthritus my mother has suffered for years.

Jenny said...

Don't be too tough on yourself--set backs are normal. I admire you for doing the walking--that is fantastic exercise and hopefully will make you feel great too!

TitanThirteen said...

What about lunch? Gotta have lunch!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
Thanks I find if I fit the walking into my daily routine works for me. Just this year with my knee injuries and bad weather I've not been able to do it.

Cactus,
This week no lunches (except Sunday I'm not missing that). At lunch I have two pieces of fruit usually Apple & Banana.

Moby Dick said...

Tough Love! Discipline! Awesome plan.

Mick & Cathy said...

Spider,
Yes its a 2 week plan to try and get me back on track before my vacation.
Its tough though.