Friday, April 13, 2007

Not a lot to report

I've not a lot to report at present, not much happening at all. At least we are in a good spell with the weather I've forgot what rain looks like.

Last night I got a few trophy's down from the loft I won last year at the York Championships and polished them up. I've to return them tomorrow so they can be engraved with the new champions name (remember I didn't compete or I would obviously have won them again um). I've to take them to the league secretary who lives in York so I'll go into the city afterwards cos there are a few things I need to get before my vacation.

I'll be collecting some American dollars and the good news there is the strong pound means it is worth almost two dollars great for us brits travelling to the States, makes the holiday cheaper.

A few workmates that are getting made redundant have been given their leaving dates this week others are staying on a while to help with decommisioning and training. I don't think the place will ever be the same again it used to be fun but it will soon be like a ghost town.

Next week I'm hoping to get a game of Golf after work on Wednesday I haven't had chance to play for months so I'll be really rusty. I'll enjoy the exercise though.

Monday we have a big Pool match, we are top of the league and play the team in 2nd who are only one point behind. They must be gutted with that because they are unbeaten 10 wins from ten where we have lost three out of our ten matches so far. We are top because its points for sets and when we have lost its been 5-4 but our wins have been big 8-1's & 7-2's. Personally I don't think I've played anywhere near as well as I can but this is a good time to lift the performance.

So thats about it nothing funny, nothing controversial, just boring.

Have a great weekend everyone

8 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Good luck with the pool match.

SO when is your next "cheap" visit to the states? and where will you be going?

I want you to check out www.nojazzfest.com and read EACH days line up. IF you ever want to visit N'awlins it would be during jazzfest time each year..The last weekend in April and the first weekend in May.

Really check out the line up and let me know your impressions...

Lesley said...

Hi there. Thanks for your congrats comment on my blog. Good luck with the weightloss. I agree though that cheeseburgers and chips not compatible with losing!!

I have found it easer not to eat at all (on the VCLD) so no tricky choices usually booze influenced but if you haven't got that much to lose, that's an extreme option.

See that you thik Leeds are going to escape the drop - well, I admit it's looking possible! As a Wednesday fanatic I mut admit I was quite happy with the prospect of the Piggies coming back down and your going down too but I suppose the local derbies are a consolation!

Byee

celtic_girl said...

Good luck with the pool comp.

Mick & Cathy said...

I'm off to Seattle later this month, I did conside New Orleans but couldn't get a good price on the flights. However it is a City I will visit one day, I really do want to.

Lesley,
Thanks for stopping by even if you are a Wednesday fan, only kidding we actrually don't mind your lot too much but don't like the others from Sheffield.
And Yes Leeds will stay up even if it is by the skin of our teeth.

Celtic,
The Pool match isn't necessarily a must win as there is a long way to go yet and they have to visit our venue at a later date. However a win for us on their table will really nark them.

Meow Meow said...

Yep. I'm a pest...the music fan that you are, you simply must check out the www.nojazzfest.com line up.

And share with me your thoughts.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
I've checked it out, awesome line up something for everyone.
Maybe I'll plan my NO trip for this festival next year.

Rachel said...

Not to worry about the weight gain, my friend. Stick with it and I bet you lose that and a little more this week!!

It is so cold here! Where is the pretty April weather for Alabama???

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
I hope I lose the weight this week it won't be through lack of trying.

Its cold in Alabama I hope it warms up for you soon.