Monday, April 30, 2007

Update from Seattle.

Having a good time it seems a nice City, safe with plenty to see and do during the day. I'm a bit tired as I've done a fair amount of walking (best way to see the place) and tere are a lot of steep hills and of course I've been trying a few beers each night.
Actually I haven't been too impressed with the nightlife, Friday and Saturday was busy but couldn't fingd much good live music. Some of the bar staff seem to have a bit of an attitude giving the impression there not bothered which is very unusual for American Cities in my experience.
Saying that I went out last night and the girl that served me was really nice and chatty, they called her Liz. However the place was dead, I don't just mean that bar I don't think anyone drinks on a Sunday in Seattle.
I've been up the Space Needle which is a good view as there are no tall buildings close buy. Yesterday I visited Woodland Park which as a good Zoo, ok I'm not a Zoo person but went in anyway because its supposed to be one of the boiggest. Also in the Park is Green Lake which as a walking track around it (I reckon about 3 miles), it is a really scenic part of the City.
It is a real nice neighbourhood with some beutiful houses.
Today I've just walk miles along the bay front it was quite enjoyable with some cracking views, I've took a few photos I'll post later.
So far I haven't seen any rain in the "Rainy City" in fact its been sunny but the forcast says rain tomorrow so I'm going to get the bus to the "Museum of Flight" it sounds like it'll be very interesting.
Thats all for now I'm in a cafe, the hotel has internet but is ridiculously slow and expensive.

6 comments:

Hear me ROAR said...

What a great update Mick. I can't wait to see your pictures...

Meow Meow said...

Have you found me Eddie VEdder yet? I was hoping you would send him my way...Pearl Jam is from the city of GRUNGE.

I hope you find the people more to your liking and soon.

The Southern states have more charm~

I look forward to seeing some pics. Be safe.

ArleneWKW said...

Seattle, another U.S. city I haven't been to; also one relatively close to where I live. I hope the night life picks up for you. With all your walking you may indeed get on target with your weight goals.

celtic_girl said...

With all that walking Mick, you may even drop some pounds while your away. Looking forward to your photos and I hope the nightlife livens ups for you.

airliebird58 said...

Glad to hear the weather is holding up for you over there. Have fun! :)

RedNeckGirl said...

I hope you have a fantastic trip! One day you'll have to come to Kentucky for the Derby. (the Queen will be here this year)

We have a two week party before the Derby so my city is jumping with excitement! Next week, I'll post some pics from my Derby Celebrations :)

Can't wait to see your pics from this vacation.

Hugs!!!!!