Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Doctor must be a magician

Since Friday my knee has hurt at the front just below the knee cap. It gradually got worse so yesterday I phoned the Doctors and arranged an appointment for this afternoon.

When I went to bed last night it was quite painfull and I couldn't bend my knee, this morning when I got up it was better but still painfull. This is normal each day it hasn't been too bad in the morning but deteriorated throughout the day.

I went to work but had to leave early for my appointment, the problem been today my knee just got better the longer the day went on. I arrived at the Doctors and was walking normal, I could bend it completely and I could hardly feel it. So either my doctor is a magician and can cure me without seeing me or else he must think I'm was a total time waster.

He did give it a good check out and I explained the symptoms, he reckons its what I thought from looking it up on the web, I had tendonitus. The treatment is basically rest and anti-inflammetry tablets, he told me the same one's I take for gout would do. Actually I have been taking these since my knee hurt so maybe they've done the trick. I just hope it doesn't return.

4 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Glad to hear your knee is on the mend, but the real miracle is how the hell did you call your Surgery and actually get an appointment for the next day?? It's unheard of here!

VegasGirl said...

Yay. I'm glad your knee is feeling better. I wandered across your blog =0) hope you don't mind, I just had to see what kind of "true gentleman" you were =D

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
It was more a bit of good luck, I actually got the only time available that day. I think somebody must have cancelled.

Vegasgirl,
Thanks fo visiting, everyone is welcome on this blog. I've been called many other things than "True Gentleman".

Suzy said...

Have you tried Glucosamine? My DH is a runner and has trouble with his knee. He says it has improved greatly since taking it. You may like to check it out.