Monday, April 16, 2007

Music Monday - American Dream

Another challenge to everyone this week, Ok I've got America on my mind as I'll be visiting in just over one week.

So the Challenge - How many songs can you name with "America" or "American" in the title ?

For those of you following my "Today's Music Choice" on my sidebar will maybe realise I've already posted one on Saturday when I featured Kim Wilde including the song "Kids in America", so obviously I'm not playing that one today.

Talking of "Today's Music Choice" if you have missed some these are the acts I've featured in the last seven days covering many different styles of music :-

Monday - Dave Clark Five (Great sixties group)
Tuesday - Buddy Guy (Chicago Blues singer and top class guitarist)
Wednesday - David Bowie
Thursday - The Stone Roses
Friday - The Doors (RIP Jim Morrison)
Saturday - Kim Wilde
Sunday - Willie Nelson

Anyway on with todays challenge I've come up with three more :-

America "Simon & Garfunkel" - The pairs 1968 classic.

The Hands that built America "U2" - Theme song from the Film "Gangs of New York".

American Pie "Madonna" - Madge too this Don McClean classic to the top spot in the UK.


While I'm talking music Rebecca pointed out to me its the New Orleans Jazz Fest at the end of April into early May and asked what I thought of the acts they have pulled together.
Well I reckon its a awesome line up from Rod Stewart to Steely Dan to ZZ Top to Norah Jones to The Allman Brothers plus many more great acts.
Well I'm afraid I'll be at the other side of the country but I'll have a serious think about attending this festival next year.

Check it for yourself - New Orleans Jazz Fest

11 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Well, I THANK YOU for the mention. I am glad you finally made it to the web cite..they also you give you tips. People wait and visit N'awlins at this time EVERY year. Usually, the second weekend (which is the first weekend in MAY always) has the bigger names and performers...But anytime you go it's a blast! The food.....YUM.

The weather is really HOT or occassionally perfect!

I went to Houston to Steely Day about 19 yrs ago, it was GREAT! They just added John Mayer, whom I really like... = )

I dig his latest single. I think he will be around for many years to come.

Hope your body is feeling well and happy.

Moby Dick said...

YES does a great version of America.

celtic_girl said...

Americian Pie - always a good song no matter who sings it.

Meow Meow said...

"Only in America" Brooks and Dunn

"Born in the USA" Bruce Srpingsteen

Mick & Cathy said...

Living in America - James Brown

Jenny said...

What about Neil Diamond and We're coming to America? (I think that is the name of the song)...

celtic_girl said...

Americian Woman - Lenny Kravitz

celtic_girl said...

Mick, I've nominated you for a reward - refer my blog

celtic_girl said...

Sorry. that should read "award"

Rachel said...

Hey - forgive me, due to stress I can't remember things. (Like the way I blame it on stress and NOT old age?!) Where are you visiting? I (sigh) don't remember.

What about "American Pie"? Don't ask me who sings it, I am so bad with names.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Ladies.

Celtic,
I'm honoured.

Rach,
Your blonde roots are showing, American Pie is on the song list with the post. You're thinking of the Don McClean version but I've posted the one by Madonna.
Holiday destination Seattle.