Friday, April 06, 2007

Another Last Supper

Last night eight of us from work went for a meal with a young lady called Sinead who has now left. She actually isn't one of the redundancies she was going anyway and is moving back to her native Ireland.
Last night was paid for by the company but many of us also went out with Sinead last friday in what can only be described as an eventfull night.
Sinead is a really nice person and easy to get on with, she was also a regular at many of our works night outs and I reckon she'll miss the gang a little. At work she was in charge in some of our laboratories on site and was popular among her workers, she had to be she has a cute pretty face.
For the meal last night we went to a small family run Italian restaurant called Valentino's which is in village called Riccall between Selby & York.
The people who were there last night including myself & Sinead represented a few different departments were Andrew M(Plant Manager), Phil (Chief Chemist), Andrew H(Safety Manager), Diane (Human Resources), Vicky (Accounts), Samantha (Sales) & Sue (Reception),
For the meal I can't tell you what its proper name was but I had Sirloin cooked in a Gorgonzola and cream sauce it was superb. I also had a starter (Pate) which was also excellent but I didn't bother with a Sweet. Between us we also downed some beer a few bottles of wine and some shots so a good night was had by all.
One regret last night I forgot my camera so no photo's to post, I actually gave Sinead my blog address so maybe she'll keep in touch.
Obviously with all the redundancies happening over the next few months (some people are staying on for de-commisioning and training) I should be attending plenty more leaving do's.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a nice evening! I love Italian food and a nice glass of red wine is good for the heart, they say!!

airliebird58 said...

glad to hear you had a good time. Looks like this year will bring lots of changes for you at work. I hope they all turn out to be good ones in the end.
And Come on you Mighty Whites against Plymouth this aftie, a win today and we really will be able to see some progress in the table.
Marching on together!!! :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
Well if thats true I reckon my heart is now really strong.

Airliebird,
Yeh it'll be interesting to see all the changes and what its like, it'll be like a ghost town.
We may be out of the relegation zone tonight if results go well.

airliebird58 said...

P GD P
21 Leeds 41 -23 42

22 Barnsley 41 -29 41
23 Southend 41 -26 39
24 Luton 41 -22 37

Enough said!!!!
Onwards and upwards!!
:)

Jenny said...

Ooh I love steak with gorgonzola! It is one of the cheeses you aren't supposed to have when pregnant so I am definitely looking forward to it when I can start eating it again!

Rachel said...

P.S. send me your mailing info:)

celtic_girl said...

Your dinner sounded great, glad you had a great time. It's sad when collegues leave work, we have had a few lately and I miss them already - it's like losing one of the family sometimes.

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Yes - Onwards and Upwards

Jenny,
You'll be able to eat Gorgonzola soon, It was a very nice meal, but I love eating out.

Rach,
I'll e'mail

Celtic,
It is sad but life moves on I suppose.