Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday Weigh In - A little dissapointed

2007 Start Weight - 219lbs

Last Weeks Weight - 212.8lb

Todays Actual Weight - 211.4lb

Loss/Gain this week - -1.4lb

Loss so far in 2007 - 7.6lb

Today's Target Weight - 204lb

Loss/Gain against Target - 7.4lb

Well I've managed to lose 1.4lb this week but to be honest I'm a little dissapointed with that. I've worked hard at eating, drinking, exercising and was hopefull for about a 3lb loss. I suppose its a move in the right direction but I'm still 7.4lb heavier than my target for this week. Basically I'm averaging a loss of 0.5lb per week when I was aiming at 1lb.

Other bad news is my knee is hurting again but its totally different to last time when it became really swollen with gout. The pain this time is at the front and just below the knee cap, I've looked it up on the net and I think its tendonitus. It isn't that swollen (only slightly) and hurts most when I've been sat down a while. It also hurts if you prod it with your finger. Once I get moving its ok I can even jog on it without much bother.
Anyway I've booked to see a doctor tomorrow so hopefully he'll give me something to clear it up.

Good news only 7 days to go to my vacation.

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Of course it's disappointing when you lose less weight than you'd expected. Eventually, for good and bad, it catches up with you. So much is dependent on normal fluctuation. I'm sorry that your knee is bothering you again. Hopefully it will improve by travel time.

celtic_girl said...

The loss is good, better staying the same and even better than a gain - try to look at it from that angle.Hope your knee is better for your vacation.

airliebird58 said...

You could find your hard work will be rewarded next week or the week after Mick, it sometimes works like that. Hope your knee is ok for your hols, I've been having a bit of trouble this week so can empathise. :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Yes it is dissapointing, sometimes difficult to understand. I'll keep trying though.

Celtic,
The loss is good but I put a lot of effort in aiming for more.

Airliebird,
Next week maybe the week after I doubt it, next Wednesday my holiday begins.