Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday Update - This doesn't make sense

Weight at last weigh in (29th Nov) - 219.5lb

Weight Today (27th Dec) - 218.5

Weight loss - 1lb

Its been 4 weeks since my last weigh in and in that time as you all know I've had a vacation and celebrated Christmas, hence weight increase was expected. In fact when I stepped on the scale I was hoping to have only put on a few pounds but wasn't very optimistic, I feared the worst. I was amazed with the result in fact I questioned the scales.
I'll point out I weigh myself each week on product scales in our packaging plant at work as these are very accurate. I then subtract 4lbs for the weight of my work clothes (I don't weigh naked at work). I reckoned after this weigh in the scales must be faulty so I phoned the man in charge of their maintenance and he informed me they had only been calibrated last week.
My only explanation is they were maybe faulty 4 weeks ago and weighing heavy, I can't believe I have lost weight when not really trying.

Weight 1st Jan - 249lb

Weight Today - 218.5lb

Weight Loss in the Year - 30.5lb

Ok nothing outstanding but in 12 months I've moved in the right direction. I'm in this fight for the long term and I will be setting targets for 2007 next week and I aim to stick to them.

Thanks to everyone that has offered words of encouragement over the Year.

6 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Weight is such a pain in the ASS. It's a heavy burden, I should know I lug around WAY TOO MUCH! I'd be thrilled if I could lose 50 lbs...even happier if I lost 80. Unfortunately, I am an emotional eater...and I HATE to exercise. Yep, physically I'm a lard ass. So you see you should be PROUD of your accomplishments...and keep on the journey.

Sorry, I'm tired irritable and just plain PISSED off today.

TitanThirteen said...

You must have done something right! Maybe you didn't eat as much crap as you thought you did? Maybe the "right thing" is inground in your mind set now?

I can feel the weight that caught up to me this season. Although i'm not looking forward to facing the music, i'm prepared to accept it and move on from there.

Rachel said...

Boy, I know that feeling! I have 9 lbs I want to lose - 4 from Christmas plus 5 extra. Then I'm exercising and seeing if the inches will go away.

I found with a holiday, if I set a weight "gain" goal - it makes me monitor what I eat better. Silly, huh?

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
Nothing to apologise for you talk a lot of sense.

Cactus,
I'm still confused and still not convinced.

Rachel,
That isn't silly at all, I've been working on my targets for next year and have put in allowances for gains during my vacations.

Jenny said...

That is fantastic progress and also great work over the holidays with not gaining! I am always so bad during the holidays, so it was nice to hear you didn't slip!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
Well if the scale is working correctly this is a first during a holiday period. I'm still suspicious of the reading and primed for a disapointment next week.