Saturday, December 09, 2006

Next Week

As most of my blog readers know next week I'll be travelling to San Francisco for a short vacation. I am the stage where I normally start really looking forward to it but my excitement is slightly dampered by having Gout in my right foot. For those that have never had this believe me when I say it hurts. I'll be taking it easy this weekend I've had to pull out of my British League Table Tennis matches hopfully not to the detriment of the team. I hope I'm not over optimistic but there is some signs of improvement.



Anyway on to my vacation, I'll be leaving home on Monday to catch a train to Manchester where I will stay overnight at Bewleys Hotel on the Airport. I usually stay here its quite good and they do a good breakfast.

Tuesday morning 11am I will be flying with US Airways first to Philadelphia and after a short stopover a change of Plane and on to San Francisco. I arrive just after 7pm which as there is a 8 hour time difference will be equivallent 3am. I reckon I'll be slightly knackered by then so it will be a bite to eat and bed.

My Hotel in SF is Beresford Arms Hotel which looks really nice and is close to Union Square. They also provide a complimentry Breakfast and on a evening there is a free Wine & Cheese hour.

I have not too many plans on what I'll see while in SF although from a Tourist point of view I reckon Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge are a must.

One planned arrangement is meeting one of my Blog friend Arlene over Lunch on Monday. We are planning to meet at The Daily Grill a restaurant Arlene has found on the Internet and is very close to my Hotel. Origionally we were cosidering going to a Vegetarian Restaurant (yes you did read that right) Greens which also looks very nice.

As for nightlife as one does I've been researching a few live music venues and I'll have a look at some of these :-

The Saloon

Lou's Pier 47 Restaurant and Blues Club

Boom Boom Room

Biscuits and Blues

Rasselas Jazz Club

Maybe I won't get to all of these because I'm sure to find some hidden gems on my travels around the City.

I leave SF on Tuesday 19th in the morning arriving home the following morning.

7 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Hello Mick, hope your foot is improving. Here's something to cheer you up (hopefully) Seeing you're taking it easy today would you like to see a stream of the lads today against Derby? Go here:
http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match3.htm
You will need to install a player called TVANTS. You can get it by clicking on the link on the left. Then when you have that installed, just click on the play link for the game. The picture wont be fantastic and the commentary will be foreign, but hey, its the lads!
It may take a few mins to load :)

airliebird58 said...

Oh. and if a box comes up asking for a username and password, just press cancel. I've used this a few times and had no probs at all :)

Jenny said...

Sounds like you are in for a nice trip, hoping that your gout clears up fast so it will let you do some walking. The weather is temperamental in SF, so be prepared for cool days. Have a fabulous trip!

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Another bad result I'm afraid but I understand some money is going to be made available for new players in the January transfer window.

Jenny,
The Gout will certainly spoil it a lot but there is good signs today of improvement so I have my fingers crossed.
I've been checking the weather and its getting to about 13c at best and just above freezing at night. I think they are getting some rain up to tuesday.

Rachel said...

I hope you get well soon so you can enjoy your SF trip. Alcatraz would be so cool to visit but difficult I would think if your gout is misbehaving.

Ooo you know me - I love food you gotta do us a food report on what's what in SF!

Hear me ROAR said...

Feel better soon!! I hope it clears up and you have a wonderful vacation!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
I'll tell you all about the Food and Alcatraz (if they don't keep me in).

Hmr,
I'm hopfull it will clear up there are signs of improvement.