Saturday, December 02, 2006

Top Five Lists (Films)

Blogger is playing silly and not allowing any editing of posts including can't download Photo's so I'm just going to do some Top Five Lists.

Five Favorite Westerns :-
1. The Outlaw Josey Wales (Clint Eastwwod)
2. Tombstone (Kurt Russel & Val Kilmer)
3. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly (Clint Eastwood & Lee Van Cleef)
4. Open Range (Kevin Costner & Robert Duvall)
5. The Searchers (John Wayne)

Five Favorite War Films :-
1. The Pianist (Adrian Brody)
2. We Were Soldiers (Mel Gibson)
3. Saving Private Ryan (Tom Hanks)
4. Schindlers List (Liam Neeson)
5. The Great Escape (Too many to mention)

This catogary was tough could have included loads more - Stallingrad, Enemy at the Gate, Full Metal Jacket, Apocolypse Now, The Killing Fields, The Deer Hunter, The Guns of Naverone, Where Eagles Dare, The Longest Day, Black Hawk Down, etc

Five Favorite Clint Eastwood Films
1. Million Dollar Baby
2. The Outlaw Josey Wales
3. Dirty Harry
4. The Good the Bad and the Ugly
5. Where Eagles Dare

Five Favorite Robert De Niro Films :-
1. The Godfather (part 2)
2. A Bronx Tale
3. Raging Bull
4. Once upon a time in America
5. The Deer Hunter

Five Favorite Harrison Ford Films :-
1. Patriot Games
2. The Fugitive
3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
4. Witness
5. Air Force one

And yes why not a James Bond Section seeing the new film is out.
Five Favorite James Bond Films :-
1. From Russia with Love.
2. The Man with the Golden Gun
3. Goldeneye
4. The Living Daylights
5. Live and Let Die

Five Best Bond Songs :-
1. Nobody does it better (Carly Simon)
2. Golden Eye (Tina Turner).
3. Die another day (Madonna)
4. Live and let die (Paul McCartney)
5. Tomorrow never Dies (Sheryl Crow)

Five most entertaining badies :-
1.Lotte Lenya as Rosa Kleb in From Russia with Love
2. Herve Villecheinze as Nick Nack in The man with the Golden Gun.
3. Donald Pleasance as Ernst Stavro Bloefeld in You only Live twice
4. Harold Sakata as Oddjob in Goldfinger
5. Robert Davi as Franz Sanchez in Licenced to Kill

And yes of course best Bond Girls :-
1. Jane Seymour as Solitaire in Live & Let Die.
2. Ursula Andress as Honey Rider in Dr No
3. Diana Rigg as Teresa Di Viecenzo (Tracy Bond) in Onher Majestys secret service.
4. Halle Berry as Giacina "Jinx2 Johnson in Die another day.
5. Lois Chiles as Dr Holly Goodhead in Moonraker

Please feel free to add any lists of your own, any catogary, actress, actor, etc. Alternately you could do same people as me.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh the Great Escape is one of my favorite movies too! I just love that one!

Mick & Cathy said...

I think I've seen The Great Escape more than any other it is superb and based on a true story. Some great actors of their time in it such as Steve McQueen & Charles Bronson. In fact everyone who was someone were in it.

I've just seen a error in my Robert De Niro list, I can't believe I left out "Goodfellas".

ArleneWKW said...

Try emptying your cache. I was having the same problem until I went on the Blogger help site and got this tip.

Re. the flicks, these are my favorites: All About Eve (Bette Davis), Independance Day (hokey, but I loved it), Miracle on 31st Street, and the Christmas Carol (the original with Allistair Simms).

airliebird58 said...

My top 5 movies are (In no particular order):
1. The Maltese Falcon (Humphrey Bogart)
2.Angels with Dirty Faces (Jimmy Cagney)
3. I'm No Angel (Mae West, a real Heroine of mine)
4. The Shawshank Redemption. (this had me spellbound when I first saw it.
5. Gone With The Wind ('Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn')
As you may have guessed, I like old films lol. I adore Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers movies too. As a matter of fact, I used to do a mean Ginger impersonation coming down a spiral staircase in a particular town centre Pub!

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
I read on the help site pressing "Ctrl & F5" would work and it did.

Ginger I mean Airliebird,
I reckon a lot of old films are good tend to have better story lines. A lot (not all) of modern films are too concerned with special effects but don't have the storyline.