Friday, December 29, 2006

Goodbye & Good Luck My Friends

I don't normally blog much about what happens at work (too many people read this blog) but I will say something today.

This month 3 people whom I get on with have left the place I work and I just thought I would mention them.

First to go was Graham who was a process engineer who had been with us just under 2 years, he left to start another job in London and I'm sure he will do well wherever he goes. Him leaving will certainly help my diet because when it was his turn to get the beers he would always return with bags of crisps, nuts, etc. He never put on weight and was virtually a human dustbin, makes you sick doesn't it.

My mate Lofty as decided to move on after 23 years with the company, he is going to contract for himself as an engineer. I'll still see him on a regular basis because we play Pool, Golf & Table Tennis together and he isn't moving from the area. Its something he has always wanted to do so good luck to him. A few of us are out next Thursday for a drink/meal for our traditional goodbye, I won't post photos of the Strip-o-gram because his wife reads my blog.

Yesterday one of the young ladies who comes on some of our works night outs left our factory to go back and work in the US (Decataur, Illlinois) at one of our other factories. Her name is Abi and she has only been on temporary assignment at our site for just over a year and finished yesterday, with it been Christmas I was one of the few there to be able to say goodbye.

So goodbye and good luck to all three of them.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's hard to lose work buds because even you adjust, there's still a part that isn't the same. Especially when they are the ones you can trust.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
You are right particularly people you can trust. I'll still see Lofty on a regular basis but possibly not see the others again.
But who knows its a small world and I'll maybe get in touch, I have Grahams mobile phone No and with Abi still working for the same company I can e'mail through the works system (she also say's she is gonna read this blog).