Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Sport - I Don't Believe It

In last weeks post I was so pleased with Englands performance in the second test and was convinced the worst that could happen was a draw. However despite dominating the match for 4 days we fell apart on the final day and clutched defeat from the jaws of victory.

We are now 2-0 down in a series of 5 matches we now need a maracle to retain the Ashes. Has the miracle arrived England Captain Michael Vaughan following four knee operations has arrived in Aus and had a couple of knocks for the 2nd team. Now it may be too late because he won't be ready for the next test but if the boys can do it without the boost he will give in Melbourne on Boxing day may just swing the series.
Did I mention Michael of course plays for Yorkshire and has a unbelievable record against the Aussies.
Anyway onto Sporting events in other parts of the world this week. The 15th Asian Games are been held in QATAR and although I don't know too much about this mini Olympics for Asia I thought I'd post a couple of Photos -
Of course Saturday night is fight night and them two not so great British Heavyweights Audley Harrison and Danny Williams had their rematch. This time Harrison avenged his previous defeat with a third round stoppage.

The other week I posted a photo of one of my good blog friends Rachel's favorite sports teams players well this week it is Jenny's turn so perhaps she can tell us who this is and what the trophy was for ?Moving on this Week's discussion is going to be about Ladies in Sport so as the majority of my readers are Ladies I suggest you tell me what Sports you have had a go at and how good you were (even if it was only at school)?
Did I mention my mother played Ladies Soccer.





1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh you gave me an easy one! That is Sweden's Peter Forsberg hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup for the Colorado Avalanche. Unfortunately he now plays for the Philadelphia Flyers, but still a great player. Oh, Bubble hockey is one of those games, like foosball, with the players controlled by sticks on the sode of the game and you slide and twist them to make them move around. Lots of fun! They actually have a website! http://www.ibhf.net/