Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday Weigh In - Still on track (just)

2007 Start Weight - 219lbs

Last Weeks Weight - 213.4lb

Todays Actual Weight - 212.6lb

Loss/Gain this week - -0.8lb

Loss so far in 2007 - 6.4lb

Today's Target Weight - 213lb

Loss/Gain against Target - -0.4lb

A loss of only 0.8lb to report this week but to be honest I wasn't too optimistic about a loss so am quite pleased. The reason I wasn't optimistic was due to the fact I'm still not exercising and Friday's night out is not in my normal schedule.
This keeps me inside my running target albeit by only 0.4lb, but as I said at the start of the year its lifestyle changes and taking the weight off slowly that will help keep it off.

As well as Friday I was out playing Pool on Monday which is allowed on my plan, our team did really well winning 8-1 and we have moved to 2nd place in the league.

Thursday night I'm planning to play Table Tennis in the local league to try out my Knee and Elbow injuries. I'm still a bit worried because the knee although not hurting as much is still very swollen so I don't know how it will react. My Elbow feels fine but it was Tennis Elbow and I won't really know if it is better until I start playing a few shots.
The match I'm playing in is the small local town league which isn't the strongest, even though we are playing the top team I would normally hope to win my 3 matches. However with my injuries and the fact I haven't picked up my bat for over a month may make it difficult, we'll see.
I'm desperate to get in some play this week as we have British League in just over a week and I'll need to be at my best. Wish me luck.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

My right knee swells up sometimes. I've had it surgerized twice and it never lasts so I just gave up.

Hope you do well in your play! Hope you had a good Valentine's Day. Do NOT eat chocolate. Well, do NOT eat alot of chocolate, how 'bout that?!

Jenny said...

Good job to keeping up the weight loss and try not to overdo it at the table tennis. You don't want to re-injure yourself!

airliebird58 said...

Take care with the knee Mick, make sure its strapped up well. I read somewhere that every 1lb lost in weight is akin to about 6lb in pressure off the knees, maybe even more I cant remember the exact amount. So whatever you loose, no matter how small helps the knees.....good innit? :oD

Moby Dick said...

Yesterday I did Bench Press without warming up. Today my elbow hurts. Getting older is really annoying.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Ladies for your concern , I don't think I'll be over mobile but need to test out my injuries. I'll be well strapped up and if I feel it getting worse I'll have to conceed.
I'm just hoping I'm ok cos I've a couple of big competitions coming up and I hate missing and letting my team down.

Mick & Cathy said...

Spider,
You're right getting older is tough.

Suzy said...

You are going so well. 6.4lbs loss this year already! That's fantastic!!!
Take it easy on that knee!

TitanThirteen said...

I used to play competition pool and i loved it! But those were the days when i used to go to the pub a lot and got lots of practice. Now i need a couple of "warm up" games first to find my form :o)

Can you play a few freindly games of table tennis first, before competing? Then you'll know beforehand if it will be a problem.

You still haven't checked out that bloody Billy Squier tube have you! It was sooooooo funny! I'll have to post about it myself dam it! lol

Sandii said...

well done on the loss! it's so good that you are managing with not being able to exercise, you are clearly working hard and doing a great job!

thanks for keeping up with me, the US is certainly fun.
x

celtic_girl said...

Well done on the loss albeit the no exercise. Also rubbing some anti-inflammatory cream like Volaran or Feldene before you go can help.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks for all of your comments.

I feel a challenge Pool match coming on when I get around to visiting Aus.