Friday, February 23, 2007

Big Weekend Ahead

This weekend I'm away to Blackpool for the final four rounds of matches in the British League Table Tennis. My team "Derwent 2" lie in 2nd place in division 3 north just one point behind leaders "Barrow". It looks a two horse race as the third placed team look too far adrift.
Check out the link and don't forget to see the players averages and who is the top man in the division.

British League Division 3 North

On Saturday our first match is against bottom side "Hull St Mary's" which we expect to win, "Barrow" have a tough start against "Halton".
Saturday afternoon is the big one against Barrow, shuld be a great match. They beat us 7-1 earlier in the season but we had a weakend team so this time we will be really up for revenge.

Even if we win on Saturday we have a very difficult Sunday with matches against "Halton" and "Uxbridge". Barrow also have difficult games against "Uxbridge" and "Murrayfield", I reckon there will be a few twists over the weekend and the team who holds its nerve will come out victorious.

I'm still unsure how my knee and elbow injuries will stand up to games at this level and I may be a little rusty with hardly any play recently. But its now or never and I'll just take some pain killers and do my best.

On another note I had a fun night out in York with three friends last night, I suffered a bit at work this morning, I reckon I must have had one too many. We had a good laugh though.

2 comments:

Sandii said...

Good luck for the weekend! Hope it all goes well and you have a few wins at least!

Chicago and Boston are the two cities in the States that i have ALWAYS wanted to see. So my next trip we'll cover Boston, but we'll all be together next time. :-)

Am really looking forward to Chicago and Memphis. I've been doing loads of shopping this week and would love for that to continue too! :-)

Take care
x

celtic_girl said...

Good luck for your matches, and those are some mean player stats there Mick, you must be chuffed.Hope the injuries stand up to it all.