Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Life at present

I've not had much to blog about lately as most of the time I've been layed up with my aches and pains in particular my knee has been really bad. On a positive note it is much better and the swelling is starting to go away. I'm considering playing Table Tennis this week either York league on Tuesday or Selby league on Thursday. I'll see how I feel after the weekend. I need to play as the final British League weekend is only two weeks away and I need to be playing before then, we are 2nd in the division only a point behind the leaders.

More Bad news on Thursday, my bedroom got a bit a bit flooded due to a leaking radiator, lukily I have a maintenance insurance contract which covers the radiators. THe engineer has been out blanked it off and ordered a new one cost£220 (covered by insurance).

Last night I went out in York with some work mates (Mark, Steve, Martin, Chris & Anthony), we had a good laugh and visited a few Pubs :-
O'Neills - Irish Bar
Pitcher & Piano - Trendy Wine Bar
Harkers - Another Trendy Pub.
Lendall Cellers - Converted Cellers close to the River.
Varsity - Large very popular pub (full of pretty girls)
Flares - 70's disco theme pub.

In Lendall Cellers I had one of those incidents where a bloke started talking to me and I didn't know who it was, he realised that and told me who he was. Turned out to be one of my couzins sons I haven't seen for years.

In "Flares" a girl came around selling flowers for charity and had a single White Rose so I bought it and just gave it to a young lady that I didn't know who was stood near me . We ended up chatting with her and her friends for the rest of the night, it turned out they were from the same town as us.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mick, sorry about your knee. I hope it heals up soon. Sounds like you had fun at the pubs. I could sure use a night out on the town. But I guess I can't drink alcohol now that I am on medication :(

Mick & Cathy said...

The knee I'm sure is progressing well but I reckon I'll now need to get myself fitter with some exercise. I did a bit of walking this morning just to get myself more mobile.
Friday was the first time I've had a few beers for quite a while, I even went to my Pool match in the car on Monday so wasn't drinking.

Jenny said...

You are amazing. You are so good at just chatting up people in bars and such. Glad you had a great time!

Rachel said...

Hey Mick, hope you are feeling better soon! Sounds like you had fun and I'm there with you on the exercise. I hope to start next week - ug, I mean, yea?!

Vanessa said...

Somebody came up to you with a single white rose?? I think it is a sign of something positive...if you believe in stuff like that.

TitanThirteen said...

Woohoo..giving roses to strangers, you dawg you! Did you get her phone number?

celtic_girl said...

Glad to hear your knee is getting better. I also wanted to say "well done" on the weightloss - your still losing despite carrying some injuries.Hmmm the 70's disco pub sounds right up my alley I'd be in my element as I love disco, when are you going to do a disco theme for Music Monday??

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
Wish I was amazing.

Rach,
Yeh Exercise is a must in any weight loss plan.

Vanessa,
I'll try believe.

Cactus,
No phone number, just a group of lads having a bit of banter with a group of lasses.

Celtic,
I'll have to think about the Disco theme, it was never my scene. Terrible dancer you see.

RedNeckGirl said...

A disco themed club sounds like sooooo much fun! You are so sweet giving the rose to that lady :) I'm glad you had a good time!!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks RNG

Hear me ROAR said...

Mick, I'm sorry to hear about the knee. I hope you feel better soon!!