Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday Weigh In - Another pound lost

2007 Start Weight - 219lbs

Last Weeks Weight - 214.4lb

Todays Actual Weight - 213.4lb

Loss/Gain this week - -1lb

Loss so far in 2007 - 5.6lb

Today's Target Weight - 214lb

Loss/Gain against Target - -0.6lb


Despite still not exercising due to my swollen knee this week I've managed to lose yet another pound keeping myself inside my target weight. On the knee I'm pleased to report there are signs of improvement, up to today its always been not too bad in the morning but got more painfull throughout each day. Today is the first time it has improved throughout the day so I'm optimistic I will soon be back in full working order.


As regards to what is happening at work, the 90 day consultation period with the Unions has started and the next meeting is 19th February. I should find out more about what is happening then.


I'm still looking towards having a vacation towards the end of April start of May but unsure where yet. I actually slipped up at the weekend cos I could have got a good flight deal to Boston but didn't book it and its gone up again. I'm going to have a look tonight to see whats on offer.

9 comments:

Meow Meow said...

What about taking ALEVE for your pain? My aunt has awful arthritis and she says its the only over the counter med that helps with pain, flexability and swelling. Just a thought.

Good going on the pound age.

TitanThirteen said...

Gee, you're not having a good run are you! :o(

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
I'm on Idomethacin which is prescribed from the doctor, it is an anti-inflammetry drug not a pain killer.
I have to be careful with pain killers as some that contain aspirin set off my gout.

Cactus,
No I'm not and reaching "the really fed up" stage.

ArleneWKW said...

That's great that you're managing to stay on track with getting rid of the lbs. while your in pain. Re. airline prices, it sucks that we all have to play the timing game. I think I understand the airline's point of view, but still . . . I look forward, later this afternoon when I'm doing other stuff, to listening to the tunes you downloaded.

Jenny said...

Great job on the weight loss especially because of the knee. Try to take it easy so as not to aggravate it!

Moby Dick said...

Hope your bum knee gets better!

Hear me ROAR said...

Hi Mick.

WTG on the loss. :) I hope to be less of me to report tomorrow!

Are the meds helping? My doctor tried to perscribe something similar and I didn't take it.. I chose something else.. So, I am thinking of going back and asking for the meds!!

Take care

airliebird58 said...

Well done with keeping on track.
Is your knee feeling any better at all?
Seeing were talking about drugs I take Naproxin. I tend to take paracetamol for pain relief, I was prescribed Kapake, and crikey are they strong, knocked me out, so I very rarely take them!
P.S. have you heard anything about John Hartson coming to Leeds on loan?

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Its amazing how much money you can save by monitering Airline prices, I've missed a couple of decent deals but I'm sure I'll spot a good one this month.

Jenny,
Thanks

HMR,
The meds seem to be working since I upped the dose.

Airliebird,
I can't do paracetamol as it aggrivates my gout, I have to be carefull what meds I take.
I've heard the John Hartson is coming to either Leeds or Norwich. I reckon we need a proven big striker now Flo has broke his foot, Hartson would do a job. On a good note Cresswell is back in training this week.