Friday, February 16, 2007

Me, My Thoughts & Travels

I've now been blogging about a year, never thought I would keep it up but its been great making all my online friends.
We communicate about our lives, our interests, our beliefs or about anything that comes to mind.
One thing that stands out is how much everyone supports each other when they have problems, whether it be personal problems, weight loss, job issues, or things like my recent spate of injuries.
For the record about my injuries I played my Table Tennis match last night and won all three of my games so was pleased with that although the team lost. My knee although hurt and I wasn't over athletic is no worse today so I'm sort of pleased with that. I did feel my tennis elbow but it didn't effect me much although may be a problem with the tougher matches I've got coming up.

One thing that does make me think about this blogging is when friends decide to call it a day. Earlier this year I reckon I've lost 3 good friends that I really liked, I'm sure they will be able to work out who they are. Recently "Redneckgirl" stopped writing to her own blog but does still comment on others including mine so I'm pleased about that. Tonight I've just read "Modigli" is calling it a day, she was one of the earlier blogs I read and I always have figured her to be a really nice person, she will be missed but she has her reasons and we have to appreciate that.

Those of you that have been reading my blog for a while know as well as music, numerous sports, losing weight, etc my other interests are travel and meeting people.
Well I have a bit of news on that front, My North American City exploration is going to continue, I have booked two more trips. I've been looking at various deals with the aim of visiting new cities, I've been checking out Atlanta, New Orleans, Austin, Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore, Phoenix, Montreal, Vancouver among others but couldn't get a deal I was happy with (NO & Philly came close but I missed the deal).

So if you haven't worked out which two cities I'll be visiting for the first time on my next trips here they are :-

Trip 1 :- 26th April to 7th May - Seattle (11 nights).

Trip 2 :- 23rd June to 2nd July - Boston (9 nights)
On this trip I'll be staying in the US to visit the "Taste of Chicago" (7 nights) returning to England on 9th July, I've always said I'll be going to this festival again.

I'll be posting more details of these trips closer to the date.

These won't be my last trips this year the next will be around September/October which brings me to this point. Sometime ago one of my good blog friends "Rachel" suggested we have a bloggers weekend with those interested in meeting up. Great thought but the logistics may be difficult for some but maybe others may be interested I know I would ?

What do you think ?

9 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Seattle and Boston are places I'd like to visit some time in the future. I believe that I was in Boston as a young child, but don't remember it. Regarding a blogger's get-together, I'd have to say that if people come to the San Francisco Bay area, I'd love to meet them. Beyond that, it's a no go for me.

Congratulations on winning your table tennis match.

Re. blogger friends, I guess I'm beginning to accept that people appear and disappear in the e-zone. I think I've tended to let myself care too much about some people with whom I've had an on-line relationship. I've felt some sadness when they've just disappeared. I think I'm achieving a better balance with this.

Jenny said...

Congrats on the table tennis wins! You have some fun trips planned and I am sure you will really enjoy yourself. I just love to travel and I can't wait to get back to it. I don't know if I see a lot of overseas travel in my near future, but I think we will definitely try to get around this country more!

airliebird58 said...

I think one of the first things you learn as you start to meet people online is that they come and go. I do have a couple of friends that I have chatted to for quite a few years. It's a shame when someone stops being in touch but I suppose its the nature of the beast as they say.
One thing is certain you meet folk you never would do normally and thats a fact!
Glad to hear you had no adverse reaction after your games :)

TitanThirteen said...

I'd love to meet up with fellow bloggers!
But i have at least two things prohibiting me from doing that:
1. I'm in the middle-of-no-where, Australia.
And 2. I'm not much of a talker in "reality". I talk sooooo much better online! So i'd just be awkward and out of place :o)

It's awesome that you do so much travel. I guess being a single working bloke makes that kinda lifestyle easier. You must have tacky fridge magnets from everywhere! lol

I haven't been blogging long enough to have anyone i talk to vanish. I imagine that would be quite difficult as we do get attached dont we? It's in our nature :o)

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
I think geography will always be the issue that makes it impossible for a lot to meet up.
Sure I accept online friends calling it a day but with some it still makes me sort of sad.

Jenny,
Thanks I was pleased to have won my games particularly as one was against the player I had to conceed against with my arm 5 weeks ago.
You have some great Cities in the USA to visit, I have loved all the places I've been. My origional plan was two years visiting North America but I'm extending that cos there is so much more I want to see.

Airliebird,
You are bang on it is a shame, but good luck to them. Its an honour to meet all these nice people even if it is only online.
I've been lucky enough to meet two of my blog friends on my travels and maybe I'll get the chance to meet others, I hope so.

Cactus,
When I get around to visiting the outback, you have a Pool challenge.
Yeh I bet you are really a non-talker, um.
Don't bother with the Fridge magnets, but I've got an awesome tee-shirt collection.

Hear me ROAR said...

Wow Mick your so lucky to be able to travel so much!

I've only driven through Seattle on the way to Vancouver. It seemed nice..

Congrats on your Win!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Hmr,
You're correct I am lucky to be able to travel, its something I've always wanted to do. I've been reading up on Seattle it sounds a great place.

celtic_girl said...

Congratulation on the winning you games Mick.I'd love to meet some of my blogging buddies but logistically it's a bit hard.

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
You're correct logistics is the problem, among my regular blog friends only one is English so meeting is always going to be difficult.
I've been lucky meeting a couple of my American friends while on vacation. I hope in future to meet others but we'll see, I will add it also depends on them also, it as to be appreciated not all bloggers wish to meet, some are not comfortable with it.