Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wednesday Update - Back on Track

Weight Last Week - 222.5lb

Weight this Week - 221.5lb

Loss in Week - 1lb

Well maybe I've turned the corner and at last got back into my routine following my vacation. I'd certainly like to get under 215lb before my San Francisco trip in December.

This week I played Pool Monday and we got our best result of the Season with a 8-1 win, just hitting form in time for the end of season (last match next week).

Tonight I'm playing Table Tennis in the York Leaguedivision one for my team (Sessions) against the team that have won it the last two seasons (Bootham). I reckon they will probably win it again because they have 3 top ten rated players.
I'm our only player in the top ten but we have some good up and coming young players (I think it will take another couple of years for us to compete for the title).
I'll have three tough games but I feel really up for tonights challenge and will be giving it everthing to take all 3 of my games. Their ages range between 10 and 20 years younger than me so any win would still be classed as good (but I want a personal maximum).

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Well done on your fantastic loss! and good luck for Table Tennis.

Melinda said...

Good on you having the good loss.

Good luck with the table tennis....bet you show those young ones how to play!

ArleneWKW said...

San Francisco in December? Coooool.
I live about an hour from The City.
Perhaps we'll be able to do lunch, walk across the Golden Gate bridge, or some such thing.

Rachel said...

I'm thinking by having the most comments in a month, it means I have won the Biggest Mouth Award for October?! Or since it's not verbal, the Typingest Fingers Award for October 2006?!

The Golden Gate Bridge - if you do that get us some cool pics for your blogger buds, Mick!

Mick & Cathy said...

SS & Melinda,
Thanks,
As for the Table Tennis my team lost 6-4 and I won 2 of my 3 matches. Its not a bad team result against this team, but I always set myself hard targets individually so am not totally satisfied.

Arlene,
Sounds good to me, its about time I met another blogger following my Toronto dissapointments.
I arrive in SF late on 12th December so I would be available from the 13th to the 18th.
I'm staying at a Hotel downtown so should be able to get most places in the City.
If you can make any of these dates lets arrange time & place via e'mail (you can get mine via my profile).

Rachel,
Not biggest mouth, not typingest fingers just my Star blogger.
They'll always be pictures when I meet blog friends, so you better prepare for that.