Friday, November 10, 2006

Knackered

Well tonight I am a little bit knackered due to lack of Sleep. I had quite late nights Monday & Tuesday getting to bed around midnight (I get up at 6.30pm). So I was planning a early night Wednesday but at 8.30pm I was called to work, we had major problems and I ended up been there all night and didn't get home while just before lunch on yesterday.

Last night was lads night out and I wasn't going to let tiredness stop me having a good time, you only live the once. I went to York with four of my work colleagues, Mark, Alan, Martin & Graham.

We met up about 6.20pm and had a pint in Selby before getting a Taxi to York. When in York we did a tour of Various Pubs :-
O'Neills - Irish Pub with a good atmosphere
Yate's - Popular Pub a few nice ladies in there.
Harkers - Don't know what was happening, full of men in Suits.
Slug and Lettuce - Trendy Wine bar full of Yuppie types.
White Swan - Watched soccer here Real Madrid versus a team in Yellow.
Golden Lion - Was half way through a quiz, tried to help a team but questions too hard for us thickies.
Roman Bath - Ended up here at about 10pm to watch the live music. When we arrived the group were just warming up for their 2nd session and believe me they were Old (made the Rolling Stones look young).
They turned out to be really good played a lot of cover versions of mostly sixties classics including a few of my favorites :-
All or Nothing - Small Faces
Start me up - Stones
We Gotta get out of this place - The Animals
The Ballad of John & Yoko - Beatles
I saw her standing there - Beatles
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits.
Plus many more.

While in this Pub Mark & myself decided to chat up three ladies sat in the corner. We went over and sat with them but I think they must have been Lesbians because they didn't seem interested.

When we left the pub to find a Taxi home I put on my Woolen Leeds hat (it was cold) and a lad came over to me and asked if I was a Leeds fan. I said Yes and he said great and gave a Leeds Salute (Tap heart with right fist).

Eventually got to bed at 1am.

7 comments:

airliebird58 said...

You sound like you've been burning the candles at both ends me lad, ah well, at least the weekend is here and you can put your feet up.
Just saw on Sky sports news that Leeds and Cardiff are both vying to sign Alan Smith on loan. Crikey, I wonder how that will go down if it comes off!
Things seem to be moving at Leeds now, Gregan and Butler look on the way out.

Rachel said...

Oh, Lord, Mick - of all the women ya'll saw all night, you managed to chat up three (possible) lesbians?! Thanks for the chuckle. I like that line.

Sounds like you're having some much needed fun! Gotta keep those stories coming.

Jenny said...

You are quite the party man, Mick! I must say, I love the names of some of those pubs--especially Slug and Lettuce. Doesn't sound too appealing!

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Still knackered today, just got back from playing a competition in Stoke (set off a 7am this morning).
Godd win for the mighty whites I reckon Wisey is starting to turn it around, the Smithy situation will be interesting over the next few days.

Rach,
Yep I can pick em.
Nowt wrong with having fun its the going to work in between thats the problem (but without my work pay getting out may be a problem).

Jenny,
There are many good Pub names, actually "Slug & Lettuce" is probably the plushist of the pubs we visited.
The "Roman Bath" is actually buit on the site of a actual Roman Bath, tourists can pay to go down in the Cellar to see them. A few years ago the pub had a glass floor so you could look down on the Baths.

Anonymous said...

Truly Crazy, huh? Hmmm, Mickster. I prefer the term engaging with wit, personally. (ha ha)

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Or they weren't lesbians at all and you all just weren't their type, painful as that possibility is. I'm absolutely baffled that you can keep going on so little sleep. You say that you don't want to let a lack of sleep keep you from having a good time, but a lack of sleep pretty much determines that I'm not going to have a good time because I'll be too cranky from lack of sleep! And you hit a lot of pubs. A LOT. This all makes me think you and I are completely different animals. Different species even.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
Yes but don't forget I like Crazy People.

Reg,
Yes we are very different in a lot of ways I am sure but that doesn't retract from the fact I respect you and your opinion. As for the lack of sleep it was a killer I was genuinly knackered, the main problem was missing the full night when called to work on Wednesday (that was my planned early night). My normal sleep pattern is I go to bed around 10pm and get up at 6.30am.
Must have been Lesbians how can anyone not fancy us lot after we've been touring pubs all night, just can't understand it, I'll try think up other possibilties but I'm sure I'll come up with nothing (wink).