Friday, November 24, 2006

This Weekend

Only a short Post tonight as I'm away in the morning. I'm representing Yorkshire at Table Tennis, actually playing for the Veteran 2nd team in the county championships. The matches are in Halifax which is a 45 minute drive for me which won't be much fun because the weather forcast say's we are going to have Gale force winds tomorrow.

We have 4 matches altogether two saturday against South Yorkshire (they broke away a few years ago) and against our 3rd team who will be really up to beat us. Sunday we have two very tough matches against Norfolk and Nottinghamshire.

I'll be playing at number one for us so will be facing the oppositions top ranked players so it won't be easy. I am quite confident as I played a local league match last night and beat York mens champion which is a excellent victory.

Wish me Luck.

7 comments:

Hear me ROAR said...

Good luck Mick!!

Rachel said...

Good luck, Mick. Hope you drove carefully and hope ya won! Let us know!

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Ladies,
Just got back from Saturdays matches (1st match took 3.5 hours and 2nd 4 hours) and we came away with two draws.
Individually I played quite well but would only put the results down as ok, some wins some defeats. The games I lost games were all in 5 sets (3-2) if I could have reversed we would have won. Our team captain thought my performance was good.

ArleneWKW said...

Those sound like very long matches. Good luck on Sunday.

Meow Meow said...

Well, I hope you got all the good plays!

Good Luck~

Jenny said...

Best of luck to you Mick! I hope you clean up the table with them!

Mick & Cathy said...

We had a good day today winning both our team matches 8-2 and 7-3. I actually only played singles in the 1st match winning one but losing my other. I also played in the mixed doubles which we won.
In the 2nd match I only played mens doubles for tactical reasons and it worked a treat beating two players ranked well above me and my partner.