Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday Update - A Draw

Weight Last Week - 221.5lb

Weight This Week - 221.5lb

Gain/Loss - 0lb

Maybe a little bit dissapointed because I was hoping to lose a bit of weight this week, but I suppose its still better than a gain.

I've had quite a busy week, went into work for a couple of hours Saturday & Sunday as we have a lot going on at present.

I was also put on Standby as 1st reserve for Yorkshire Table Tennis Veterans first team for their county championship matches at the weekend but never recieved the call. I am in the 2nd team later this month so need to get some hard training in before then (having a session tonight).
I'm actually playing at Stoke on Saturday in the Veteran British Club league, I am playing for a team from Halifax, it should be tough competition.
I played a match against Railway Institute last night and was dissapointed to only win two of my three singles although the player I lost to is new to the area and quite a strong player (I'll beat him next time). The team result was a 5-5 draw so it was quite a good match.

Monday night we played our last Pool match of the season and we played the team top of the league. They knew beating us would win them the title but were gutted when we beat them 5-4.
However they soon cheered up when they heard the team in 2nd place also lost so they still won it. Of course I was awesome and won all my games (for a change). Most of our team are packing in next season so only me and my mate Lofty are still playing and we may need to find a new team or some new players.

Tomorrow night I'm going out for a drink around York with three of my Workmates should be fun, we usually have a good laugh.

Have a great week.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey - if you don't gain, it's a "win" week I say. Usually the next week, I'll drop a little extra if I have a week where I don't gain/lose.

ArleneWKW said...

Your body may be taking a little break with the weight, adjusting. Still, if you expected a loss, it can be a little disappointing.

It sounds like you're having much fun with table tennis and pool. Yaaaay for that.

Jenny said...

Congrats on beating the first place team! Too bad you didn't knock them from the top spot, but I am sure the victory still felt good!

No worries on the 0lb loss--sometimes a draw is just as good as a loss.

Anonymous said...

I'm with rachel....it's a good week :)

Congrats on the win!!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Thank You Ladies