Thursday, April 20, 2006

Moral Decision or Cowardice

Ok here is a story what do you think ?
I am unsure which way to look at it.

A serving British soldier has just been jailed for refusing to go to Iraq. In his defence he claimed he would not go because he considered the war illegal.

Other Key Points -
1. The British forces is totally voluntary.
2. He voluntered knowing he could be called into active service.
3. He has already done one tour of duty in Iraq.

I know a lot of people are against our troops been in Iraq, the point is they are there so how would you judge this individual ?

2 comments:

Joel said...

I don't think it's cowardice- I mean he went there once... it sounds to me that he's clearly making a moral decision.
at the same time, he voluntered knowinf he could be called into duty... my conclusion: he's an idiot making a moral decision.

Mick & Cathy said...

Dcnats,
For me the key issue is I believe that people who join our armed forces do so taking a vow to defend our country.
I think when we first went into Iraq we were sold the weapons of mass destruction tale by our government. If this was the case you could argue that it was to defend our country.
However as this now seems to be a load of crap I think like you moral decision may be the correct answer.