Saturday, April 22, 2006

Important Football matches while I'm away




My Football club "Leeds United" have some important Football matches while I'm away.
First our Ladies team play "Arsenal" in the womens cup final on Monday May 1st (kick off 1pm) while I'm in Chicago.
That is 1pm in England which is 7am in Chicago so if anyone knows anywhere this will be showing at this time let me know.

More importantly our proper team have qualified for the promotion play offs. We have two league matches to play before we know who it is against (either Watford, Preston or Crystal Palace) and the exact dates. The first leg will be on Friday 5th or Saturday 6th May while I am in Nashville. I have posted on Trip Advisor forum asking if they show English soccer matches anywhere but as yet no one as replied. I don't know if anyone reading this can help.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g55229-i154-Nashville_Tennessee.html

The 2nd leg will be either Monday 8th or Tuesday 9th May. The Monday I will be on my way home between flights at Chicago O'Hare airport. Last time I was there I found a sports bar with loads of televisions so maybe. If its Tuesday it will not be a problem as I will be back in England (if its the home leg I will possibly go).


Any help or suggestions welcome

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry matey - i'll cheer them on for you whilst your away!!

Have a good trip

V x

Mick & Cathy said...

Vicky,
Thanks, I'm sure you will.

Don't forget to get that next night out organised.