Saturday, April 15, 2006

Blogging friends or real friends

Its quite amazing how we make on line friends through this blogging lark. We write about anything, our lives, our thoughts, our opinions, our hobbies, our interests, our love & hates, etc.
People who like what we write then choose to comment, we find a blog we like and comment on a regular basis. We build up a vision in our minds of what the person is like and an online Friendship is born.
Q1 - I assume everyone agrees with this yes/no ?

One of my previous posts I listed my current life ambitions, I gave it some thought and said I wanted to one day meet my regular blog friends. At the time I named two people that wrote to my blog on a regular basis.
Q2 - Do you think its a good idea to meet blogging friends ?

There is actually now five of you that read my blog that I feel I would like to meet one day, I am certain others will soon be added. Ok it may never happen, may not be possible it is totally dependant on both people been in the same part of the world and both wanting to meet.

Why am I writing this post if you have not guessed ? One of my ambitions is soon to be achieved I will meet one of my blog friends on my visit to the States.
When in Chicago I will be meeting Regina over a meal, I am really looking forward to it as I have a lot of respect for this lady.
We have both said we will tell our fellow bloggers about the meeting and how it goes, our opinions of each other after the meeting may be interesting or maybe not I don't know. You will have to read both our blogs.

My thoughts on this meeting - I am actually quite nervous which is unusual for me but really excited about it.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I am sure you two will have a great time and it will make your trip even better to be meeting a friend on your journey.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

WRB, you're nervous? I'm terrified. Just kidding. It'll be good. The worst that can happen is that we run out of things to SAY, which would be the height of irony (and there are lots of things much worse than irony). And I'm optimistic that we'll be able to understand each others' accents. The big meeting is two weeks away!

Mick & Cathy said...

BF & Jenny,
I'm pleased you are in support of meeting blogging friends as you are both on my list of people I would love to meet.

Regina,
Run out of things to say, I hadn't thought of that one, well that will be down to you I will be too nervous to talk.
Actually I'm sure it will be good, I am really looking forward to it.

ArleneWKW said...

I thought I'd posted a comment here about this. Now I'm feeling paranoic. What happened to it????

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Don't know what happend your comment never arrived here.

ArleneWKW said...

Okay, that's good (or not). It's better than paranoia. I've met a number of people who I first met on-line through Burning Man related sites. Many of them have become friends. In all but one case, we first saw each other at the event. (Burning Man is a week-long festival in the desert.) I'd be anxious about awkward silences with a blogger friend, but I'd be up for getting together anyway. I think it's especially cool that, through the web, I'm getting to "meet" people all over the U.S. and in different parts of the world.

Modigliani said...

I think it's a great thing to make connections and meet new friends in all sorts of ways!

BTW, if it weren't for our blogs, I would have never met my beau! It's amazing what blogging can lead to, that's for sure.

I can't wait to read about your meeting with Regina. :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene & Modigli,
Thanks for your positive response to this post. I am really thrilled that I am going to meet a blogging friend (hopfully others in the future). I am sure we will find loads to talk about.
I'm looking forward to been able to write about it and can't wait to read what Regina has to say.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Okay, look, we're not Churchill and Eisenhower or even Elton John and Kiki Dee. We'll be glad to fill you in on how our meeting goes, but let's all just relax here. And yes, WRB, I'll take care of the conversation topics.

Unknown said...

I think it is cool that you are going to meet. I have made many friends on the internet and even if we never meet, I have enjoyed their insites and company. Have a great time and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Texasgal,
Yes it is cool, I am pleased Regina is the first blog friend I will meet because it was her blog that introduced me to blogging.