Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Monday in Selby

Easter Monday as always been a big day in Selby (my home town) mainly because of our market. Traders from all over Yorkshire come to Selby to sell their goods which in turn attracts thousands of visitors.
I walked up to the market this morning to see what bargains was to be had, dodging between the crowds and rain storms was real fun, I didn't stay long. The some total of the bargains I bought was a few pairs of socks.
Traditionally this afternoon many locals and visitors find the local pubs with many consuming large quantities of alcohol. Believe me you are better staying away late afternoon, the classic spot is the local bus station if you want to see local drunks fight the visiting hoards, it happens every year.
However tonight I will go out, me and my friend Lofty always do, usually most of the idiots will have gone but you always find the odd stray to laugh at.
Anyway this is the Traditional way to celibrate a religeous festival isn't it ?

1 comment:

Mick & Cathy said...

BF,
I think a lot of people like shopping in markets, always on the look out for the ultimate bargain.