Thursday, September 06, 2007

Worried

I've a few things on my mind at present :-

1. The Drama at work is continuing we are in the middle of site closure redundancy situation and are in the process of a 30 day consultation. Apparently there as been a eleventh hour bid to buy the place as a production site. We know very little of the people trying to buy apart from their financial backing is from Eastern Europe. I'm worried because I've a lot to lose, if these people turn out to be short term profiteers. There are so many unknowns at the moment, the next meeting is Tuesday before I go on vacation so I may find out more then. I could get really stitched up here.

2. My Mother was taken ill earlier this week, she is elderly, disabled and quite frail, she looked really bad and I've been so worried. It turns to be a virus and lukily she is improving but I've been so concerned.

3. All summer training ok, British League starts this weekend and I get a tweak in my knee training last night. Although a touch sore I'm training again tonight but I'll take it easy if I feel anything. I'm worried cos we've 4 critical matches and I'm scheduled in the team for all four, I don't want to miss these games.

4. I'm worried about my blog friend Rachel she is going through a tough time in her life and those close to her that should be supporting her are not. She has always been a good friend to me since I started blogging so please pay her a visit and send some love her way.

7 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Hope your Mom is better, and hope you get a sweet severance package if that is what happens.

Good luck with positive resolutions to your worries.

Suzy said...

Sorry to hear your Mum hasn't been well. Hope she is soon much better.

Your work situation is awful for you. Hope that all goes your way.

I hope your knee holds out. Be careful.
Sending positive vibes to you ++++++

airliebird58 said...

I hope your Mam is feeling better. I know from recent experience how much of a worry it can be.
If your work gets bought out does that mean you'll get an option to stay? Of course you should see if your service to company will be honoured by the new owners. If not I'd be orf and see if they want to re-hire you or something like that. Mind you, I'm blabbering on here and I have no idea of the situ do I? :)
I'm sure everything will work out for the best :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks everyone for the record my Mum is much improved she ticked me off today so thats a good sign.

The work situation is so cloak and dagger you don't know how to trust I'm so pissed off about it. I stand to be mugged to say I'm angry is a understatement. As I say I can't say too much people read my blog.

I trained ok last night the knee held up, its a little stiff today but I think it'll be ok tomorrow, I'll give it a go.

Moby Dick said...

Eastern bloc? I hope it is not the Russians. There is a movie getting a lot of hype called Eastern Promises, about Russian business men and the trail of bodies they leave behind.

Mick & Cathy said...

Slovakian

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear your mum isn't well, hoping she gets better soon!

as for the work thing, a big fat payout and moving on, that's what you need!
x