Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hello from Atlanta

Had my first night in Atlanta and I'm already impressed with the City it looks an awesome place. Went to the Olympic Park this morning and what a lovely area, I spent the rest of the day walking around the place it is a very clean & nice City believe me, Philly was scruffy in comparison. Even the Subway system is imaculate the cleanest I've ever been on, totally safe, security people everywhere, the trains are even carpeted.

Last night I found a Spanish restaurant/bar close to my hotel, I had a mixed grill it was unbelievable, the lady behind the bar called Diane was extreamly friendly kept calling me honey, babe & darling, she even started massaging my sholders at one stage, I was trying to eat at the time. To be fair I think it was just her friendly nature she was really nice and would try make everyone feel welcome, all the people here are a bit like that, really nice. She spent ages chatting with me as the bar was quiet (I said chatting) and I drunk a lot of beer but it was only $3 per pint so I was virtually making a profit. To be honest I was planning to have an early night cos I was tired but didn't leave the bar until 11.30pm, I enjoyed the place and the people, even the manager came over for a chat and shook my hand when I left (probably due to me increasing his profit). I'd started drinking early cos from 5pm to 6pm its free drinks in the hotel I'm staying at and it would be rude to refuse.

The hotel is great you even get a free cooked breakfast, hell I made myself bacon sarnies this morning.

Gotta go, the free beer for tonight as just started, but I'm not out till later cos I've just got back to the hotel so I'll have a couple of drinks before getting showered.

I'll update more later and try get round a few blogs.

7 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Sounds like a nice place to visit, how is the weather?

Anonymous said...

i'm really jelous now, free beer, great food, friendly people and a shoulder rub!

so happy that you are having a great trip - look forward to more updates.

take care
xx

Meow Meow said...

You see us Southern People are sweet, down to earth and have lots to say!

Glad to know you are enjoying the city.

You should make it to the HIGH museum. Maybe catch a House Of Blues Show

Suzy said...

Glad you are enjoying yourself. Food, drink and friendly people. Sounds good to me.

Rachel said...

geez, r and i let you roam free in hotlanta and you're already picking up babes (ha ha). atlanta is a great city - i love it there.

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
The weather is sunny and warm but not too hot or humid. Atlanta is a nice city, I'm impressed so far.

San,
Yeh its a good place, even when you pay for the beer its cheaper than most places I've been. Plus they know how to cook and fill your plate, they seem to take pleasure in giving you a good feed, nice people.

Rebecca,
Southern People I'll agree are very nice, but I've found that out before.
Its other way around in England, its the northerners that are most friendly.

Suzy,
It certainly is good.

Rach,
But I've behaved myself so far, lol.

Moby Dick said...

I am jealous too! I miss being a tourist!