Sunday, September 09, 2007

Good Day

To follow on from last nights post we played our other two British League matches today and I've just got home.
I thought they were harder matches today but we managed to beat both Barrow & Grimsby 5-3 to give us six points out of eight. Everyone was dropping points it looks a real tough division but I think we maybe equal top which is amazing as we have only just gone up to this division.
Personally I again won three out of my four matches so I'm happy with a 75% return over the weekend. I shared "Player of the Match" against Barrow.
To be honest playing eight matches at this level is tough and I am really knackered, think I'll sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I've been playing catch up with your blog and reading the last several posts. It seems like your are dealing with many difficult challenges. I guess your work situation is an almost inevitable result of a place that is closing. Moral seems to be always low in such a situation. Knowing that, unfortunately, doesn't make it easier and work, while we're at a specific place, takes up most of your active waking hours.

The situation with your mom also seems to be a hard one. It is disturbing to see one's parents become frail. I went through this with my mother during the last couple of years of her life. She was dealing with different problems than your mom, but it's all hard regardless of the specifics.

That's too bad about your knees bothering you again. I guess that's a recurring problem for you, good when it's under control, a major pain in the butt when it's not. At least you were able to win 3 out of 4 of your matches despite the knee pain. Congrats on that.

Atlanta and Philadelphia. Unless I was taken there when I was a tiny kidlet too young to remember, I've never been in either place. If I get around to taking another cross country RV trip, I may use your comments on the various cities as a guide.

Have a good and fun trip.

Anonymous said...

great effort - hope you slept well!