Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back safe & sound

Just a quick post to say I'm back home from my trip, I'm a little tired but not too bad. I've sort of unpacked my bags and started to download some photos. I need to tidy up a few of them so hopfully I'll be able to post in the next few days.

Again I enjoyed many aspects of my trip but maybe I'll report a bit more later when I've looked at the photos (I'm getting old tha knows and the memory is not what it was, lol).

The journey home was a bit of a killer, the flight from Atlanta to Philadelphia was bang on time which was good, I actually fell asleep and even missed my free drink.

The Philadelphia to Manchester Flight was delayed about 1.5hours which was bad cos I already had a 8 hour stopover. Let me tell you there is only so much you can do in Philadelphia Airport in 9.5hours. I got a meal had a few beers, checked out all the shops then got totally bored.

Luckily on the 7 hour flight to Manchester I managed to sleep for a good part of it, but was awake at meal times so I got fed. I was sat with a bloke that was a bit of a pain all he did was complain to the flight attendants, they were doing there best and I couldn't fault them. Anyway I just ignored him, put my Mp3 player on and eventually nodded off.

With the flight delay I missed my normal train home and only just caught the next one by two minutes, I was lucky cos when I went through customs the person in front of me was selected to have his bags searched, if it had been me I don't know what time I would get home.

On another note I'm expecting some news at work, I'll find out the facts when I return tomorrow and maybe post later.

4 comments:

Meow Meow said...

So glad to know that you are home safely. I know you will sleep well on your very own bed!!!

Keep us informed about work....

Cheers!

Suzy said...

Welcome Home!

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you made it back safely from another trip across the pond!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
Yes I did and I was really tired (following 23 hours travel).

Suzy/Jenny,
Thanks