Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another Night & Day enjoyed

I'm still having a good time in Atlanta today I actually visited the Aquarium, I know in Philly I said I wasn't really into Fishy things but apparently the Georgia Aquarium is the biggest in the world so I thought why not while I'm here.
I also went up to the observation deck (72nd floor) of one if not the tallest building and took some photo's of the City and surrounding areas. Apparently Atlanta has the tallest buildings in the US outside Chicago & New York, I was surprised didn't know that until I read up about the place.

Last night I went to a bar advertised in my hotel called "Front Page News" its apparently supposed to have a New Orleans type atmosphere. To be fair it was quiet (it was tuesday) just a few people dinning. I got sat at the bar with some locals and we got talking for ages had a few beers. I had a meal (Steak) which was superb I really enjoyed it and it was filling, I was in the bar about 3 hours so downed a few pints couldn't believe it my bill for food & drink only came to $40, I expected the drinks to be around that without the food, awesome.
I did have a slight accident, I was leaving the restroom when I walked staraight into a glass partition which looked just like a opening, the locals were quite amused and apparently a few people have done the same, no damage though so at least I gave people a laugh.

On my way back to my hotel I heard signing from another bar, thought it must be kareoke cas somebody was slaughtering "Killing me softly". I thought it may be fun so I popped my head around the door and it was a proper singer, by he was terrible.

Gonna get some rest cos I'm tired after all my walking about the city, nobody mentioned the place was on a mountain, believe me is tough on the legs. I'll try another bar tonight after the hotel free beer hour but i'm sure it'll be friendly and a good night.

Take care everyone.

7 comments:

airliebird58 said...

You sound as if you are having a good time! I could just do with a nice steak and a few beers myself lol.

Moby Dick said...

Yeah, when you comming round by here?

Anonymous said...

mmm i could go a steak right now and it's only 8.40am :-)

i'm so glad you're having a great time and meeting the locals is always a treat.

happy there was no damage from the glass!
xxx

Unknown said...

Steak sounds good! Glad you are having a good time !

celtic_girl said...

Like you I enjoy a good steak, hmmm might buy a nice big T bone or Rib steak on the way home.

Jenny said...

It sounds like you are having a great time!

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
I love steak but its a long time since I've had so many in such a short space of time.

Spidey,
It could happen

San,
No the Glass was fine and I just injured my pride.

Tex, Celtic, Jenny,
Steak is good and I'm having a great time.