Monday, September 03, 2007

Music Monday - The "O's"

Well reached the "O's" today and again a little variation in my choices :-

1. Will You "Hazel O'Connor" - A nice ballad from a great female vocalist, very underated I think. For the record this reached No8 in the UK chart in 19881.


2. Pretty Woman "Roy Orbison" - The big O with his 1964 classic a UK No1. Obviously with a title like this I dedicat this song to all my lady blog friends.


3. Don't Look Back in Anger "Oasis" - Don't normally put people from Manchester on my blog but at least they support the Blues, this was No1 back in 1996 for the brothers Gallagher.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oasis it is for me. don't look back in anger reminds me of a time when the sun was shining, the breeze was cooling and my days were filled with bundy and coke and ciggies... ahhhhhh memories!

airliebird58 said...

I'll go with Oasis too, My youngest daughter has always been a big fan, so I've listened to them a lot over the years!

Moby Dick said...

Hazel looks like one of those waitresses I was writing about. The other two are just not cutting it for me.

I will vote for Hazel just because she is cuter and seems to feel sad about something she did. I can ease your pain gurl.

I guess under O there is ORLEANS which had some hits. Tony Orlando & Dawn which was a cheesy band from the 1970s (Knock Three Times); Ozark Mountain Daredevils had a couple of hits.

Anonymous said...

Pretty Women are always nice

Meow Meow said...

Oasis will get my vote. I have never been a fan of Roy. His voice just doesn't do it for me.