Saturday, September 08, 2007

Today = Zero

Five Matches, Five Wins, 15 points Lord Mawhinney and your Footbal League Committee you can stick your 15 points deduction up your backside.

Result Leeds United "2" Hartlepool "0" with goals from our super strikers Kandol & Beckford.

Ok we are still bottom but now we've only given everyone Five Matches start and none of the others have a maximum.
To me reckoning we are 13 points off top, 9 points behind a play off spot, 3 points out of relegation & 2 points off the bottom. As we play first next week at Bristol on Friday night a win will lift us off the bottom, unbelievable I know but we will do it. Ok it'll maybe only for 24 hours until the others play but hell they must all be looking over their shoulders and Shitting Bricks.

Another big Crowd actally the biggest in the country not bad for a third flight team.

Moving on today I've been in Accrington set off at 6.45am this morning to play British League Table Tennis, just got home about a hour ago at 7pm. Well today won our first match 7-1 against Ormesby, I comfortably won both my Matches and got the "Player of the Match Award" from the Umpire. Ok we was on a high winning out first match after gaining promotion last season but we were firmly put in our place in the afternoon with Sheffield hammering us 7-1. I actually won our solitary set which was pleasing after my opponent told me how he was gonna give me a wupping at lunch time, all in fun you understand.
Well we are back tomorrow for two more matches but I am setting off a little later 7.20am cos I'm getting picked up. Today I was driving and had to go via York to pick up a team mate but its his turn in the morning.
Hopfully I'll get time to post tomorrow night when I get home.

3 comments:

Meow Meow said...

I bet you are looking forward to your trip. Just a hunch.

I hope your tourny goes well in the morning. GOOD LUCK!!!

airliebird58 said...

Another great win, It sounded like we rode our luck a bit today but who cares, now we're on a level playing field at last!
Marching on together to the top of the league!
Good luck in the tournament! :)

Moby Dick said...

Glad to hear that your team is sticking it up the league commissioner's bum!