Monday, June 25, 2007

Music Monday - The "F's"

Well letter "F" this week and not quite as many big names to choose from but I've still left out acts like Fleetwood Mac, Four Tops, Flying Pickets, Billy Fury to name a few but I reckon I've choose three crackers for you :-


1. Roberta Flack "Killing Me Softly" - This song believe it or not was wrote aa a tribute to Don McLean and it is a all time classic. In fact I was torn between this version and the "Fugees" as both begin with "F". Anyway I stuck with the Roberta Flack version which reached No6 in the UK chart back in 1973. I've posted the Karaoke version so you can all easily sing along.



2. Free "Wishing Well" - Although the group is better known for the rock classic "All Right Now" I reckon this is better and really underrated. This song did make the Top ten also in 1973 reaching No7.



3. Frankie goes to Hollywood "Two Tribes" - Gotta have Frankies classic in here, it did top the UK chart for an unbelievable 9 weeks back in the summer of 1983.




1 comment:

Meow Meow said...

It's a toss up between Frankie and Roberta...all depends on my location and my mood~