Monday, June 18, 2007

Music Monday - The "E's"

We are now up to the letter "E" there are not quite as many to choose from this week but I'd love to know what you make of this varied selection of classics. I'm sure you can all name a few more I could have posted.

1. Everly Brothers "All I have to do is Dream" - Hell this was a number one hit back in the year I was born 1958, in fact I'd have been two months old when this topped the charts.



2. Eddie and the Hot Rods "Beginning of the End" - You didn't think I'd leave these boys from the 70's out did you, this is just too good to be just an album track but it was.



3. Eurythmics "There must be an Angel" - One for you 80's kids this was No1 in the UK back in 1985. Annie Lennox as a great voice and of course I saw her in the seventies when she and Dave Stewart were part of "The Tourists".

7 comments:

celtic_girl said...

The Eurythmics ar my choice, it's a shame they broke up

Meow Meow said...

Annie Lennox gets my vote!!!

What about Elvis?
Echo and the Bunnymen?

I'm home about to crash but you should see me around a bit more now!!!

Moby Dick said...

I saw the Everly Brothers back in the 1980s. They joked that they were up last because they could put an audience to sleep, thus they called themselves The Deadly Brothers. I think one of them died and then the other one kept touring with a "replacement" brother. Kind of sad. They were on a 1950s music show with The Four Tops. The Drifters, and a couple of other bands from that era. All the bands played great songs.

Annie Lennox is cute, but she seems to take herself too seriously. She should have married Sting, and they could be the stuffiest rock star couple on earth.

I vote for the Everly Brothers.

airliebird58 said...

1958 was a very good year wasn't it? :) So I'll go with the Everlys.

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
Although I like this song I thought the Eurythmics over complicated a lot of their later stuff. Preferred Annie & Dave Stewart when they were with The Tourists.

Rebecca,
I considered Echo and the Bunnymen. I couldn't use Elvis cos alphabeticaly I use the surname and Costello starts with "C".

Spidey,
You've seen the Everly Brothers thats fantastic I'm impressed.

Airliebird,
Some great people born that year I agree.

Anonymous said...

can't believe your next trip is here so soon! lucky man.

Eurythmics for SURE! that was one of my fave songs and every time i hear it i think i'm 11 and on summer hols with my sisters and best mate.... oh to be so young again!

hope you're doing ok, i think just relax and after your hols come back in full swing and start again. take what you have already lost and keep it as a win and just start fresh.

xx

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
Yes it has come around quick but I'm really looking forward to it.