Friday, June 01, 2007

The Last Supper

Due to the redundancy's at work a number of people finished at the end of April and a lot more Yesterday (end May). Only a handfull of those leaving are now still now working and they will slowly filter away.

Last night a lot of people (over 30) from work went out for a goodbye drink to a local Pub. We basically stayed in the same Pub all night and chatted mainly about bygone times at work, it was a good night, we had a laugh but it was still slightly sad.

Today at work it really hit me how much the place has changed it was so quiet with hardly anyone about, I walked by the Car Park which used to be full and there was only ten cars in it.

Work ain't going to be the same again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is all very clever Mick, like the Last Supper, and the Pork Pie story, didn't know they we called Growlers (but I am originally from Manchester, so what can you expect!! Still they can't arrest you for it..yet).
I am very impressed with pics, etc and I will obviously have to come out of the dark ages !!!
Thanks for the info earlier
See you Monday at the Happy Farm !!
Bye for now Angela

Rachel said...

I love the Last Supper symbolism. So cool. Sorry to hear a bunch of folks have left. Email me when you can about what you decided.

The new job has some nice folk there. They older guys hve all decided it is their duty to fix me up but so far they have chosen a homeless guy withn no teeth and ..well, I haven't let them pick me out anymore since that little escapade:)

Surely Greg will be fine. 26 years is a long time to have a person in my life whatever the role is (and it has varied over those 26 years) and I can't just imagine my life w/o him around in one role or another.

Mick & Cathy said...

Angela,
We'll have you with your own blog soon.

Rach,
It sounds like you are settling in with the people at your new job, I love joke in the work place it creates a good envirinment.

TitanThirteen said...

It's sad when things change like that isn't it? But just because work won't be the same, it doesn't mean it won't be just as good, or better :o)