Monday, June 04, 2007

Music Monday - The "C's"

Alphabet Challenge continues and we are up to the letter "C" this week and once again I'm spoiled for choice.I've left out such illustrious acts as Cher, The Clash,Sheryl Crow, Bing Crosby, Cream, Elvis Costello,Perry Como, Commodores, Nat King Cole, Dave Clark Five, Petula Clark, Ray Charles, Patsy Cline, Communards, Carpenters, Belinda Carlisle, Mariah Carey just to name a few I considered.

What I have chosen are two classic Rock songs and a bit of Country tell me what you think or what you would have chosen ?

1. Creedence Clearwater Revival "Proud Mary" - Remember this Classic Rock song from 1969 it made No8 in 1969, their follow up "Bad Moon Rising" made No1 the same year.


2. Alice Cooper "No More Mister Nice Guy" - My favorite Alice song from back in in 1973 it made No10 in the Chart.


3. Johnny Cash "San Quentin" - Although he's not had many chart hits in the UK JC is probably the most famous Country star of all time. This is from his famous prison concert.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aye, me boyo, Alice Cooper it be!

Scotty

Jenny said...

I just love Johnny Cash--he was a real original. As for more C bands, I loved the Commitments. I know, they are kind of like a pseudo-band from the movie, but their music was so good and I could play that CD over and over.

celtic_girl said...

Creedence for me.

airliebird58 said...

Well there's only one C I can think of, and that's the delectable Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden and latterly Audioslave :D

Moby Dick said...

Johnny Cash walked the line and he had that great song that was the theme for the movie Dawn of the Dead. I saw Cooper in concert and he put on a very entertaining show.

TitanThirteen said...

I used to love Alice Cooper, but now i find his music depressing, as good as it is. Shame aye?

So i'll have to go with Credence :o)