Friday, June 15, 2007

On the Road again

One week today I'll be on my travels again and I'm really looking forward to my next trip. I'll be travelling to Manchester next Friday staying over at Bewleys Hotel my usual spot before catching the Morning flight to Boston.
Its my first visit to Boston but two of my blog friends Jenny and Rachel have told me how good it is and I'm really looking forward to my visit.
I don't know too much about the City nightlife so I'll have to do a bit of exploring on that front but apparently there is plenty of good bars so it should be fun.
I'll try to do a lot of walking for the exercise and its the best way to see a city anyway, I'll certainly walk the Freedom trail.
Another thing I intend to do is catch the Ferry to Provincetown at Cape Cod where you can hire a bike to explore that part of the world.

I'll be staying nine nights in Boston before flying on to Chicago for a further seven nights. Its during the Taste of Chicago festival and I've visited this in both 2005 & 2006 and really enjoy it. It is all about Music and Food so a lot of fun.
Some of the acts on at the Taste include John Mayer, Black Crows, Cheap Trick, and Los Lonely Boys. There is always a lot of excellent local talent also on show.
I'm checking whats on at some of the Blues & Jazz clubs (gotta visit these in Chicago) for evening entertainment and just about getting my hectic schedule together.

In Boston I'll be staying at the Milner Hotel which is in the Theatre District and fairly close to Boston Common and Freedom Trail. In Chicago I'm staying at the Seneca Hotel which is close to Hancock Tower and Michegan Avenue. Both Hotels provide a Breakfast so thats a bonus.

I'm sure I'll tell you all about my trip.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so jealous!! I love Boston! See if The Wharf is still open if you like seafood! It is expensive but so very, very good!! Take lots of pictures!! Have a safe trip!

Meow Meow said...

I went to Boston 7 or 8 years ago to visit a friend from college and I was a HUGE Cheers tv fan, so I wanted to see the bar.

I wish you safe travels my friend. I am off to N.O. again tomorrow, remind me to tell you to NEVER visit N.O. during the summer. The heat and humidity are just unbearable. The heat index last week was 106.

October thru April is your best bet.
Where do you get all of this money to travel with??? I am envious!

Take Care!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
You've said before how much you loved Boston its a pity your situation doesn't allow you a vacation at present, it would be great to have a local expert to direct me.
I'll be taking loads of pictures and be telling you all about it.

Rebecca,
I'm sure I'll visit "Cheers" bar its just one of them things us tourists do.
I'm looking at a visit to N.O. sometime in the not too distant future I hope.
Travel is a thing I want to do and I've been lucky in recent years with a number of promotions at work pushing up my salary to where I can afford it. I basically have kept the same standard of living as before my promotions so all the increases allow me to pay for my trips. Enough time off work is the real problem.

Rachel said...

Hey Mick - I went to the original Cheers. It is a tee tiny bar. I was so surprised. But I must admit, for a bunch of Yankees (and I don't mean baseball!) I had alot of fun there that night.

I am still so envious....sigh.

Unknown said...

Have fun and we will be waiting to hear all about it~

Jenny said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip to Boston--I hope your weather is good!

Mick & Cathy said...

You'll hear all about it.