Monday, June 11, 2007

Music Monday - The "D's"

Well yet another letter where I'm spoiled for choice and difficult to choose, well this week I've again decided not to go for the obvious and left out such people as Bob Dylan, The Doors, Dire Straits, Celine Dion, Deep Purple, Drifters, Duran Duran, Dr Feelgood, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Detroit Spinners, plus many more fantastic acts I'm sure you can name.

I make no excuses sticking to the seventies this week so some of you young uns will have to listen to what you missed.

I did leave out Clive Dunns "Grandad" but was tempted.

1. Darts "Come Back my Love" - This to me is just one of them good time anthems that you can just singalong to and love every minute of it. It did make No6 in the UK chart back in 1977.



2. Dr Hook "Sylvia's Mother" - I reckon Dr Hook were a good group and this was their first UK chart hit and reached No2 in 1972.



3. Neil Diamond "Craklin Rose" - Another first chart hit that reached No3 in the UK chart back in 1971.




6 comments:

Jenny said...

My favorite D is Dido. I just love her first album No Angel and Craig got me the second album and it is equally good.

airliebird58 said...

Darts where a good band weren't they? I think Dr Hook had partook of a bit too much medicine on that clip lol. One thing I loved about music in the 70's was the scope of it. On Top of the Pop's you could have anything from Queen to Bing Crosby on. Everything is put into groups now and younger folk don't tend to get to listen to many different types of music.

celtic_girl said...

I never took to Dr Hook,My favourite D is Dire Straits.
I liked the Neil Diamond clip this time.

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
I've heard No Angel by Dido and I agree it was a very good album, not heard the follow up yet though.

Airliebird,
You're spot on we got a bit of everything in the seventies and must say I still do love that decade, so many memories.
Dr Hook where on something me thinks.

Celtic,
Dire Straits are a superb group Mr Knopfler is one of the great guitarists.

Suzy said...

I love my Dr Hook album!!! I still listen to them.That is actually the first time I have seen them perform.
I also like Cracklin Rosie.

TitanThirteen said...

I love Dr Hook too. I like some of Dido. I think of John when i hear that "Thank you" song of hers :o)
I like Neil Diamnd too.