Sunday, May 20, 2007

This Weekend and the Week ahead

Friday night I went out to York its was supposed to be our Department monthly outing but actually only Me and Mark were available. However "D" shift were having their leaving do for all who are getting redundancy so we met up with them so there was about 10 of us altogether.

The night started badly when we turned up at the bus stop we found that the times had been altered and we had missed the first bus but there was a later one which we had to catch so was 30minutes late.

Anyway we had a good night out touring a few pubs and a couple of Clubs, it was really busy as the Horse Racing had been on and the City was full of Racing fans. I must have had a dodgy pint cos I think I even ended updancing in one club. I eventually got home at about 1.30am but no incidents I can remember honest. I think the diet may have taken a bit of a hit, I'll have to work hard at it before Wednesdays weigh in.

Yesterday I did a bit of shopping in the morning and watched the Cup Final in the afternoon. It was a really poor match both teams seemed scared of each other and were far too negative. As I said in a previous post I don't like either team but was still pleased Chelsea won because I hate Manchester more.

Today I've been out in the field practising a few Golf shots for a hour this morning, I haven't played for about 8 months and am playing in a Works competition on Tuesday. Don't know how I'll do it'll be a bit erratic I expect. This afternoon I have been playing Table Tennis its only a practice session with one of my team mates but I want to train regular in the build up to next season. This was my first practice of the summer and we don't start competition until late August but I want to be fully prepared, I'm a touch knackered now though. My British league team have been promoted and we'll all have to be at our best if we are to stay up, it'll be hard but I like a challenge, my only worry is staying clear of injury following the crap 2nd half I had to last season. Its no fun playing anything when you hurt believe me.

Tomorrow night I've a Pool match so I suppose I'm a bit busy at present, I'm quite pleased about that because the crap they put on telly is not worth watching.

Quite a lot of people finished work at the end of April with a lot more going at the end of this month and to be honest its going to be like a ghost town. Its not as much fun as before with the shopfloor banter but it does pay the bills. We are due a Pay rise and it looks like it'll be about 3% they have also introduced a production bonus which could turn out good, If all targets are met it can rise to over £400 per month but to be honest its likely to be just under £100 average, not bad every month though when we got nothing like it before.

2 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Good luck with the pool match. I wanted to play some (as it has been a couple of yrs for me)Friday night after dinner but my friends said no. Oh well.

Good news about target and attainable goals. Your bonus can take you back to the states. = )

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
Friends that won't play Pool thats bad, We'll have a game someday.
I'm in the States soon late June early July, I'm also hoping to make trips in September and December you obviously didn't see my question for you in my last post.