Friday, May 04, 2007

Hello again another update.

I'm still finding plenty to do in Seattle its certainly a City worth visiting there is a lot to see and do. The other great benefit is that public transport is free around the downtown area you just hop on and off the buses. Even if you want to visit anywhere else its only $1.25.

Despite that I've done loads of walking and there are a lot of steep hills so I reckon its done my legs a lot of good, especially with the knee problems I've had this year. Ok the muscles are a little sore but the legs are feeling a lot stronger.

I took a boat tour of the harbour the other day which was really interesting and got some great views of the city. Yesterday morning I walked down to the Sports stadiums, they are awesome Quest Field where the Football and Soccer teams play is a 67,000 stadium and the baseball stadium Safeco Field next door looks at least as big. I think the soccer team are at home Saturday night so I'm going to go along (in my Leeds shirt of course).

Visited a couple of Irish Pubs last night, the first "Owl & Thistle" was a real rough looking place full of locals but turned out friendly. The barman said they do the best Fish and Chips in Seattle so I tried them. I wasn't too impressed with the chips cos they were overcooked but he was right about the Fish it was really good. The Beer was good and when a live group started to set up I thought great this will be a good night, wrong they were terrible so I eventually moved on. I did get some entertainment before I left, one bloke decided to do a runner without paying and one of the waiteresses decided to chase him across a car park. Now this waiteress looked like she'd had a "Jordan" style boob job and how she didn't give herself two black eyes I'll never know.

I moved on to another Irish Pub "Fado" and they also had live music on, well live music was maybe not the term they were attrocious I've seen much better street entertainers. To cap it all I turned around and sat next to me at the bar was a total moron wearing a Red Vermin Shirt (obviously the type that doesn't even know where Manchester is). Now I don't believe in wearing caps or hats indoor but I had my Leeds hat in my pocket so I just had to put it on.

I've 3 days left so today I'm taking the bus upto a district called "Magnolia" at the North side of the City where there is a big park called Discovery Park, don't know much about it but I'll find out. Saturday I plan to visit the "Experience Music Project" while Sunday I'm thinking of taking the Water Taxi across to West Seattle. I was talking to a lady in a bar who told me its a great area to visit with beaches, restaurants and walking/biking trails.

The weather although not hot as been kind as we have had virtually no rain despite it been forcast, actually its been sunny most days with virtually no wind. Its going to get warmer over the weekend.

6 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Glad to hear you're having a good time! 'Supporters' of the Red Gerbils get all over the place don't they? A bit like a nasty rash! I'm sure their trouncing by AC Milan last Wednesday cheered you up no end lol.
Have you heard about all the shenanigans that has been going on at LUFC today??
As I've said in my latest post, Batesy may just have played a blinder!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday. :)

TitanThirteen said...

Sounds like you are getting a lot more exercise than you bargained for! I don't like hills, any hills. So i don't envy you!

TitanThirteen said...

...the free transport is an awesome idea!

Mick & Cathy said...

Airlibird,
I just hate to see them red rags worn by people that obviously no nowt about footy.

Cactus,
The hills are doing me good (its totally flat where I live) although I'll still have put on weight with all the drinking and eating.

Jenny said...

Gotta love cheap public transport--makes getting around so easy! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your time in Seattle. I have never been but my husband says it is a really cool city and it sure seems like you are tapping into all the highlights!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
It is a nice City with plenty to see and do. It would be a great place to bring young kids so maybe you ought to plan to make the trip one day.