Saturday, May 05, 2007

I saw a big bird

Yesterday as planned I went up to north Seattle to go walking in a area called Discovery Park.
The area it is in is called Magnolia and the bus took me through the residential area and what a nice place it looks. There was some awesome looking houses with great landscaped gardens, I could certainly live in an area like that.

Anyway the park is basically Forest with many walking tracks, really pituresque and takes you to virtually deserted beaches and along cliff tops. I reckon I did about 5 mile and it was hard going some real steep ups and downs.

I stopped for a rest at one of the viewpoints over looking the bay from a cliff top when I saw this Big Bird. It was an Eagle and it was hovering only about 10 yards from me looking for prey along the cliff face. Its wing span was massive I reckon 5 to 6 foot. Before I could get my camera out it swooped down and out of site it was awesome.

Last night I went to a Argentinian Restaurant for Diner I had a steak that was really nice although I thought a tad expensive. I moved on afterwards to a Pub but to be honest I was very tired so didn't stay out too late, I was in bed before midnight.

4 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Enjoy your travels. The steak was expensive, but mass transit makes up for it I hope.

celtic_girl said...

I'd be tired too with all your activity, shame you couldn't get a photo of the eagle, maybe he was sizing you up for a meal! lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
The Steak was nice and hols arn't times to worry about money. Hell if I start counting what I spend I may as well stay at home.

Celtic,
I'm knackered and it would have been great to get that pic I just wasn't expecting it.

TitanThirteen said...

Ooohhh an eagle, i love eagles!
My sister lived on a bit of property where she could see an eagles nest from her lounge room window. It was awesome :o)