Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Football Songs

As I didn't do a Sport Sunday or Music Monday this week I thought I'd put the two together.

Many British Football Clubs have their own anthems that they will always be associated with. Well the following are what I reckon are the best three far supperior to what other clubs can offer.

Have a watch and listen and some of you that don't know English Football will see the passion that fans have for their Clubs.

Obviously "Marching on Together" is the best but Liverpools "You'll never walk alone" and West Hams "Blowing Bubbles" are good, what do you think ?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Every time you say "football", I think American football not soccer. I know, I know - an old dog, new tricks applies to me! I know I'm old. I fell asleep during the Spurs game last night! Argh! And they needed me to watch so we could win! Sigh.

Jenny said...

I don't know, they all sound like Irish drinking songs to me! The only sports songs I can think of off the top of my head are "the saints go marching in" for the New Orleans Saints football and "Sweet Caroline" for the Boston Red Sox.

celtic_girl said...

For a long time here out NRL(National Rugby League) used Tina Turners "Simply the Best". I liked "you'll Never Walk Alone"

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
I'm sure I'll convert you in the end.

Jenny,
I love sports songs you can't beat a big crowd in full voice.

Celtic,
Thats a coincidence I like to use that Tina Turner song myself.