Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back Home

I'm back home from Seattle a little tired but I've posted these four photo's of me from this trip.

I'm going to change my profile picture using one of these which do you think I should choose ?
1. Me with Concord the greatest passenger aircraft ever (English of course well ok the French helped a bit).
2. Me Looking out over Elliott Bay.
3. Me at Alki Beach in West Seattle.
4. Me at Qwest Field at the Seattlw Sounders match.





Just a short tale I had a bit of Drama on the return leg, on the first flight from Seattle to Chicago a bloke was taken ill, the pilot did the "Is there a doctor on board" and two people went to his aid. From what I saw he was having chest pains he didn't look well when he got on at the airport.
Anyway when we arrived they asked everyone to stay seated so the Paramedics that were waiting could get see to him and access the problem. While they dealt with him they let everyone sat in front of his seat then leave but I was stuck to the back. I was panicking a bit as we were running 30 minutes late so I had only one hour to my next flight.
However the Paramedics soon got him up and he actually walked off looking slightly better, hopfully for the poor chap it was just an anxiety attack cos he did look a little afraid of flying.
On the 2nd flight from Chicago to Manchester a group of obviously drunken idiots kept giving the stewardesses some stick. Eventually they refused them any more drink and they were up and down the plane and were getting on peoples nerves, everyone else just wanted to try get some sleep.
That was until the chief stewardess gave the two worst offenders a sheet of paper and made them read it. I think it was some sort of charge sheet, I think they will be visiting court and having their passports removed. Anyway it did the trick they were as quiet as mice from then on.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Great pictures. As usual, you always do have a bit of drama on your travels!

airliebird58 said...

I'll go for the last one. The shirt is rather fetching lol :)

Meow Meow said...

I like the ending pic. You have a nice smile. I wish we were able to see more of it (hint hint). The shots you post of yourself are always so far away.

Sorry for the inconvenience of the fella not feeling well. Just think that could have been you..so be glad it wasn't. I hope you like the states enough to get back over here! Start saving your money for New Orleans or at least a SOUTHERN state...Then you can see all of this southern charm you rea about ...at least from me and Rach!

celtic_girl said...

WELCOME BACK!!!

Bummer about the return flight home - some people just have no though for other people. I like the last picture as I can see you smiling face the best.

Moby Dick said...

You look like you were having fun, good for you.

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
I seem to attract drama !

Airliebird,
Its a good shirt but its now 4 or 5 seasons old, trouble is I prefer it to any we've had since. Hopfully next seasons will be a good un so I can update.

Rebecca,
The 3 shots I'm too far away I took myself using the Camera Timer so didn't realise the distance properly.
I'll be back in the States very soon but not a southern state I'm afraid. The furthest south I have visited so far are Memphis and Nashville. You are correct though all the southern people I've come across on my travels have been really nice (and I've met a few).

Celtic,
Thanks.
The first flight was unfortunate but the 2nd was just assholes, the stewardessess were really nice and they were making their job hard. I was biting my lip not to get involved and say something.

Spider,
I always try to have fun, if not its pointless going.

TitanThirteen said...

Hey, looking good there Mick!
Intoresting flights there. I want to take the same planes you do lol

TitanThirteen said...

..And you look really cute and cheeky in that beach shot! ;o)