Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday Weigh In - This isn't Good

2007 Start Weight - 219lbs

Last Weeks Weight - 211.2lb

Todays Actual Weight - 211.5lb

Loss/Gain this week - +0.3lb

Loss so far in 2007 - 7.5lb

Today's Target Weight - 207lb

Loss/Gain against Target - +4.5lb

Well a gain of 0.3lb this week means I'm slipping further behind my running target (now 4.5lb out) and I'm not happy about it.

I'll have to be honest and take some of the blame, I didn't eat well at the weekend and I have no excuses. Yesterday when I heard the (no) redundancy news from work (see last nights post) I let myself go a little and ate a few things I shouldn't last night. To be honest I'm feeling really p****d off and its effecting my motivation.

This week will be a tough one as I have a couple of night outs planned, Thursday me and workmate Mark will be touring town and knocking the froth off a few beers. Friday its to York for a leaving do for a young lady called Sinead, about 15 of us will be going for a meal and on to a club (it'll be a late one). With the situation at work there will be a lot of leaving do's coming up I think.

On the good side at least its only 4 weeks to my vacation so maybe the thought of that will help me lose a few more pounds, we'll see.

I'll also add my knee is much better so hopfully I can up the exercise so I'm sure that will help me get back on target, I just need to push myself.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

.5 isn't bad, Mick. Actually, that's like a water weight gain and if you stick to your plan it and a little more will be gone by this time next week.

I am truly surrounded by idiots. Last night, TTA didn't care that S and I had nothing for supper and nothing to drink but water. He had HIS food and HIS sodas and was happy. I finally called Belbo's ex in tears and they are helping me get groceries tonight.

celtic_girl said...

It's hard to stay focused and motivated when you have so much going on, I know. Keep thinking about your upcoming holiday - only 4 weeks to go.

Big Hugs!

RedNeckGirl said...

don't get discouraged......i know it's difficult when you are busy and/or not motivated. That's been my problem....I haven't gained but I haven't lost either. Looking for my motivation......hoping to find it soon. Hugs and love!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
I'll get back to plan I'm just in a temporary demotivated mood at present. Just coming to terms with whats happening.
My problems are nothing compared to what you are going through at present. Stay strong my friend.

Celtic,
Thanks I really need this holiday.

RNG,
I won't get too discouraged I still have an in built determination, just going through a temporary phase.

Suzy said...

Sorry things didn't go your way at work. You never know what will happen down the track though, so hang in there.
Sorry about the small gain. Hope your motivation soon returns and you feel better.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Suzy If the worst thing to happen is me still in a decent job its no great disaster.
That doesn't mean I'm not still angry how it was all done.

Jenny said...

It is hard to lose weight when you are under a lot of stress and what is going on at work certainly qualifies. I think all things considered you are doing just fine!

airliebird58 said...

I really think the longer you get into the loosing weight thing the harder it gets, at first you loose quite decent amounts and then it goes to a crawl, you're doing great dont get disheartened!
And what about those lads last night then, I was sat blubbering at the end of that match. they really played well and for the 1st time in a while I honestly felt that we are gonna get out of trouble. We even saw smiles from David Healy! The 'mishmash' of a team is coming together at last methinks!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
Thanks for your support, I've now accepted whats happening at work and I'll just get on making the best of it.
I've a lot of friends leaving over the next few months, it will certainly a different place.

Airliebird,
Great performance last night only dissapointment is we didn't score more goals.
We've a lot of players coming back from injury, Kelly played in the reserves this week and I've heard Flo could be playing next week.

TitanThirteen said...

Can you change your routine to shake things up a bit? Maybe your body is too comfortable with the daily patterns you have set for it.

Mick & Cathy said...

Cactus,
I think you have a valid point, a few changes to my routine may help.