Saturday, March 03, 2007

Update

I'll start Thursday and I played a Table Tennis match in the York league mainly to test my injuries further. Well I played without taking any pain killers and to be honest my knee hurt quite a bit although been active surprisingly got rid of some swelling. The match was against the team 2nd in the league and we lost 8-2 although I took both of our points. Should have got a maximum though as I lost my other game at deuce in the deciding set (I was a bit pissed off as I had 5 match points).
I was a little out of touch but I need to be playing as we have three important Yorkshire Veterans League matches in Hull next Sunday and I'm desperate to play. We are currently pointless at the bottom of the league (I'll point out I've been unavailable for the other matches through injury and holiday), however 3 wins will probably keep us up as we play the teams just above us Dewsbury, Leeds & Doncaster.

Last night was our works night out to York ended up with around twenty of us going after a few drop outs. I nearly never made it, I'd just got home from work and about to climb in the shower when the phone rang and called me back to work as there was a major problem. We eventually got everthing working but I had missed the bus so was thinking about not going but decided to get showered and changed and got a taxi to York. It cost £25 but I'm going to get work to pay, I checked this with the plant manager who was out with us, simple rule don't pay don't call me again I think they understand. Seriously they are quite good about things like that if you make an effort.

Anyway as this was possibly our last night out together before redundancies at work (I don't know yet whether I'll be staying or going) the manager paid for everyones meals and drinks on the company credit card so basically I had a free night. We went to a chinese restaurant where we shared a variation of starters but picked our main course. I had a Beef, Onion & Cashew meal it was really nice.

I didn't take my camera but others did so I may get a few photo's to publish later (obviously following censorship).
The meal took over two hours but afterwards we went to a pub before getting a taxi home at 11.45pm some people went on to the night club but I was good. Well I wasn't too good all the time, I don't think my gossip buddy "V" was too impressed with my skill at undoing her bra-strap in a crowed pub without her noticing, actually she laughed about it but I'm sure she will be out for revenge.

One of the reasons I left in the early taxi's was today I organised a Table Tennis training session that has been arranged sometime. After it was finished I was a bit knackered so had a pint at the venue bar and got talking to one of the ladies who works there, lovely girl we had a nice chat.

I'm a bit cheesed off because I reckon I'm going down with a cold, been sneezing a bit and don't feel quite 100%.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

It was nice that you got a free night out on the company. I hope things work out ok for you with the redundancy at work and if you want to stay there. Take care of yourself and try not to push those injuries too hard before they are fully healed!

airliebird58 said...

Glad you had a good night out. When will you find out what is happening at work?
I've had a cold since about new yr (to varying degrees) I think a visit to the Docs is in order.
Yet another bad result for the lads, I cant remember it ever being as bad as this can you?
Hopefully Hull FC will get going tomorrow against Wakefield. Wish us luck!

Meow Meow said...

I am glad that you got to play. My relatives with arthritis alwasy remard how the exercise even a wee bit helps with the pain and swelling.

Hope Mr. Sniffles will leave you soon and you will feel 100%.

celtic_girl said...

What ever the outcome with your job I hope it's to your satisfaction. Yes, some exercise does help the "Rheumy" joints, as they say "Use it or lose it!"

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
A free night is always good especially when the company is paying.
Part of me would like to stay working at the company but another part thinks maybe this is a good time to move on.
I'm a bit frustrated with the injuries improvement is so slow, I just hope I can get through next Sunday and not let my team down then the season end can't come quick enough.

Airliebird,
Yeh it was a fun night.
At present we are about 3 or 4 weeks into a consultation period with management and Unions. There is another meeting scheduled Monday with others later in the week.
I hope Hull get a good result to cheer you up all us Lufc fans need something at present, I'll comment on our plight on my Sunday Sports post later.

Rebecca,
I think with a lot injuries once on the mend you can definately speed things up with exercise, its a must to keep things moving.
Still got the cold this morning but don't feel too bad, I've just done a 4 mile walk to get some fresh air in my lungs and get my knee moving.

Celtic,
Thanks I hope its to my satisfaction as well, I'm sure I'll be able to inform you all soon.

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah i'm gonna get u back!!! Will be havin words with u tomorrow!!! V x