Saturday, March 24, 2007

Must Do Vacations

Following my last post about where would be good to live some of your comments made me think about my appetite to travel.

Now todays question - If money was no object what would be an ideal vacation for you ?

Some of Mine :-
1. After my comments on the last post I better start with a visit to Australia. Now if (or when) I get around to making the trip to the other side of the world I'd like at least 6 to 8 weeks there visiting all the main Cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, etc), I reckon you have to spend a long weekend in each. A must while down under is to see the "great Barrier Reef" but I'll admit Ayers Rock doesn't interest me at all.

2. I've always fancied a trip to South America in particular Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires & Montevideo (Brazil, Argentina & Uruguay). I'd also love to see a soccer match in each of these cities.

3. As you are all aware I have an interest in visiting numerous North American Cities, so far I've done New York, Chicago, Memphis, San Francisco, St Louis, Nashville & Toronto. I have trips booked for Seattle & Boston but I don't plan to stop there. My evergrowing list now includes New Orleans, Savannah, Atlanta, Austin, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore, Vancouver, Montreal, etc.
But one trip I'd just love to take is a driving trip along the legendary "Route 66", don't ask me why probably because I like the song, just always had an inkling to do it. Problem is I wouldn't want to do it alone (like a City break) so I need to find someone with the same dream that would like to share.

4. Africa and Safari's have never appealed to me but if I visited one City on that continent it would be Cape Town in South Africa.

5. Asia also doesn't have a massive appeal except maybe Japan or South Korea. Ok Malaysia is another I'd consider.

6. Back to Europe and I've seen a lot of the west countries (Denmark is my Favorite so far). However I have a feeling I'd like the new Baltic States Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania. Visiting former Soviet countries does have an appeal probably because the cost of living is cheap.
Cities I've not visited that many people reckon are a "must see" are Barcelona & Vienna so maybe I'll have to look at them trips.

Theres loads more places I'd love to visit but life is just too short and money isn't easy come by, it won't stop me trying though.

So what is your dream vacation ?

Thats all for now I'm off to check my lottery tickets I've just thought of something to spend my winnings on.

6 comments:

Yzerfontein said...

I'd love to go on a holiday in New Zealand - scenic beauty. Glad to see a trip to Cape Town (my home town) gets a mention!

celtic_girl said...

My dream holiday would be all the historic sites in England,Scotland and Ireland. Also, Paris to see if it really is as romantic as they say,then the Canadian Rockies.

airliebird58 said...

I'm not much of a traveller unfortunately, just haven't had the means or the chance really. I would like to go to places like Florence and Venice. I've always loved medieval and renaissance history, so somewhere like that would be a feast for the eyes as far as I was concerned :)

Jenny said...

I have a couple dream vacations--I, like you, would love to do a driving trip across the US. Rent an RV and just go where the mood strikes me and see all there is to see.

I loved my time in Europe(I lived in France for a year and visited England, Germany, Italy) but I would really like to take my husband through the European capitals, particularly the northern ones like Sweden, Denmark, Norway and well as the mediterranean like Spain, Italy and Greece.

Finally I agree that Australia would be pretty cool to do as well--you definitely need several weeks to see it.

Rachel said...

I'm not big on traveling either. I'd like to go some place that has a nice beach for the days and awesome food and wine for the evenings!

Meow Meow said...

Australia and Italy have always been destinations that I would like to venture off too! I want to enjoy the scenary and the food!

Enjoy your Monday !