Saturday, March 10, 2007

Things are Looking Up

I may not get time to check out your blogs or even write a post on my own tomorrow because I'll be in Hull all day playing for York Veterans in the Yorkshire League. It'll be a long day as we have three matches with play starting at 10am and finishing I guess around 7pm. We have three matches against Leeds, Keighley & Doncaster and I reckon we need a minimum of two wins and a draw to stay up in the top division. Currently we are bottom but these are the teams immediately above us.
The venue we play at is YPI and it is quite unusual as they use blue tables and yellow balls where most venues its Green tables and white balls, for some reason that I can't explain is it does seem to bounce different.
Anyway I'm pleased to be playing because in mid-week I didn't give myself a chance with my knee problems. I reckon now my left knee is about 95% ok but am still a little concerned with the swelling in my right although it is more a little stiff than painfull.

My Cold has now completely cleared up so I feel good at present, everything is mending.

Leeds United are still bottom despite winning today but have closed the gap on those above them. I didn't go but once again we had the divisions biggest crowd and the reports suggest they played really well. The result was only 1-0 but should have been much more (hit the bar 3 times) but we have still to be gratefull to our goalkeeper who saved a penalty with 4 minutes to go.

I think I've made my mind up what to do at work if I get an option, I'll just be hopefull that I get the choice. Can't say much about this subject but all should be revealed this week. I am optimistic it will work out fine.

I have one worry tonight though, what has happend to Sandii's blog ? it appears to have disapeared. I know she was having a bit of bother with her posts so maybe thats related.

Have a Great Weekend.

8 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Well I hope you get at least your two wind and maybe more!

Enjoy the day.

Looking forward to your musical love songs list.

Suzy said...

Hope your game goes well.
Glad your cold is better.

I also hope your work situation sorts itself out the way you want it to.

celtic_girl said...

Hope all goes well.

airliebird58 said...

Hope you enjoy your visit to Hull and your games go well.
I watched LUFC online yesterday and they did play well, took the game to Luton and there was bags of enthusiasm and hard work. Maybe our ex captain was a fly in the ointment that had to be removed who knows?
Anyway, one set of my darling lads have perked up, Lets hope my rugby lot do. Hull KR doing so well is doing my head in! lol.

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you have finally worked out in your mind what you want to do about work. Sometimes just making up your mind is good enough to put some of your anxiety and worries about it to rest.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks to all of you, I've just got back from Hull and am a little dissapointed we have got relegated on sets difference.
We gave it our all and came so close to pulling off an Houdini type escape.
We beat Leeds 7-3, beat Keighley 9-1 but lost our last match to Doncaster 7-3 despite leading 3-1(a draw would have kept us up).
Personally I did ok winning 8 out of my nine singles and 2 out of 3 doubles.
My knees although swollen stood up ok but I must admit I ran out of steam in the last match (it was my last doubles and singles I lost). My fitness level isn't what it can be due to lack of play in the last 3 months. I am a defensive player which requires a lot of court coverage and I knew in during my 2nd win against Doncaster my legs had gone. I went two sets up only to allow my opponent back in to level, I hung on to scrape the decider but had nothing left. I had to go straight back on for the doubles but wasn't good enough.
By the time I got back on court for my last singles we were 5-3 down and I had nothing left in the engine.

Again thanks for all your encouragement I really appreciate it.

Rachel said...

Good luck Mick on all things! Hey, find a country musical love song so I can relate:)

Let us know how the work situation goes. I guess they hired somebody else for that other job I applied for. SIGH. Story of my life.

Mick & Cathy said...

Sorry Rach just spotted your comment and there is no country. I'm sure you will like the songs anyway.
Also sorry to hear you ain't got the job keep trying I'm sure something will happen soon.