Saturday, March 17, 2007

Feeling Rough

Today I'm feeling a bit rough but I'm afraid its all self inflicted. Last night I attended two do's. First in a Pub in Selby it was a leaving do for a work colleague called Carlos (he's Colombian) who was a process engineer. He's the first to go with the redundancy's and as gone early cos he's got another job. He'll get on cos he's a decent lad and very commited I'm surprised our company didn't fight to keep him.

After we said our goodbye's a few of us got a Taxi to York as it was one of the lads (Chris) 50th Birthday. We visited numerous pubs drank a lot of beer and some shots. Believe me today I'm delicate.

One little story - When I was walking up to the Pub in Selby (its about 1.5mile) a lady pulled up in a Car at the side of me. I thought she was going to ask directions but she asked if I wanted a lift, so I obliged. She actually took me right to the Pub door going out of her way. I'm still trying to work out if I knew her, I assume she must live some where near me.

Well I'm going to listen to the mighty whites on the radio they are away at Southend, we are bottom they are 4th bottom 3 points ahead of us. This is a big one defeat would be total disaster but a win will give us a great chance of staying up.

13 comments:

Hear me ROAR said...

Oh hangovers are ROUGH!!! Have another beer.. lol That will take care of it ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha...............its normally me who struggles the mornin after!!! A few of us went for a Chinese after you had left then carried on drinkin till about 1!! Will tell u all about it on Monday!! Hope u had a good night!!
V xx

airliebird58 said...

I tell you what did the trick for me the last time I was bad, one of those Isotonic drinks. I bought a couple on the way to catch the bus for an away trip to Warrington, and by the time I got there was ready for a pint.
Not very ladylike I know but what the hell!
Decent result for LUFC today keeps our options open doesn't it?
Of course I wont brag about Hull FC's stunning win over Super League and World club champs St Helens :)

Rachel said...

Hey Mick - sounds like you had much fun! I hope you are "on the mend" because Monday will be here before you know it.

Cindy was quite amusing with her stories. I"ll have to catch you up after I get past this weekend with TTA who has been in rare form. I'm telling you, if I am EVER on a jury where the woman offed her husband, I don't care if they catch her with the pistol in her hand and smoke coming out the barrel, my vote is NOT GUILTY.

celtic_girl said...

Hangovers are the pits, so I do feel for you, have two Berrocca's and drink plenty of water.
Good luck to your team as well!

Anonymous said...

oooh i feel for you Mick, nothing worse than that rough feeling...
:-)

hope you feel better soon.

i'm a Liverpool fan myself, don't hold that against me of course.

Craig Johnston was my inspiration - and the song Walk Alone still brings shivers to my spine!

enjoy the rest of your weekend, look forward to your next post!
x

Meow Meow said...

Pity it wasn't you and your " free ride" lady friend n bed hugging the keg together n the pic.

I went down and read your music choices. I was a style council fan many yrs ago. I was surprised by the Bryan Adams. He has never peaked my interest.

Hope your feeling a bit better by the time you read this~

Mick & Cathy said...

HMR,
Good Idea.

Vicky,
Hope you looked after Carlos and not let him get too drunk.
See you Monday.

Airliebird,
I actually like isotonic drinks but have never used them for hangovers, I usually just drink gallons of water.

Rachel,
We had fun and I'm pleased you did too.
Sorry to hear the Idiot is playing up again, I'll be pleased when you make your escape.

Celtic,
Thanks good advice.

San,
We'll let you off with Liverpool we have a sort of mutual respect with them (we both hate the red vermin).
Craig Johnston was a good player I remember him well.

Rebecca,
The Style Council did song good stuff. You were a fan "many years ago" hell I first saw Weller with The Jam before that now that was a long time ago. I feel old.
The Bryan Adams song had unbelievable chart success in so many countries.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the hangover but sounds like you had a good time. I decided a long time ago I would never have another hangover! They are the PITS...and I know because I used to have plenty of them. Take care and hope monday morning isnt too bad for you!

Moby Dick said...

Did you see any of the wee people?

Mick & Cathy said...

Tex,
The hangover soon cleared.

Spider,
I think we turned into the Wee people.

RedNeckGirl said...

Sounds like the fun was worth the mornin' after :)

Hope all is well, just stopped by to say hi! Miss ya!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rng,
Hi, miss you also keep stopping by.