Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What to do when you are bored

Tonight I was sat at home bored with nothing to do, I did do some serious damage to the bush in the garden earlier.

So I made a decision to book another Vacation so I have spent a fair amount of time checking prices for flights and hotels. Last week I wrote a blog article saying the only place in North America I could get a decent flight price to was Toronto and asked bloggers for information.

Now tonight I find flights to some US cities are dropping but the replies I got from two blog friends (Kristine & Modigli) have convinced me Toronto is the place for my next adventure.

Well the bottom line is "I have booked", I fly from Manchester on Wednesday 27th September arriving late afternoon, I will be staying in the city for 10 nights returning to England Saturday 7th October.

I will write more about what sights I intend to see & what bars and clubs I will try to visit. Kristine has kindly given me some by e'mail where live music happens and I will be checking out their web sites. More importantly she has agreed to meet up one night for a meal/drink/laugh, I'll look forward to that, she will be the second blog friend I will meet following Regina in Chicago.

While I'm on this subject it really appeals to me to meet up with blog friends (cos you are all nice people) if possible and Kristine isn't the only one living in the Toronto area so BF how about a meal one night (on me), don't worry I don't bite (much).

Only two months to go, now I've only got to tell my manager I want time off for my third holiday of the year.

6 comments:

Hear me ROAR said...

Well that's cool your taking such a big trip! I haven't been to TO but I hear it is pretty good.. Have fun!!

Modigliani said...

Hey! Cool! Good for you. I think it's great that you go on vacation so much. I can't wait to hear how you'll like it.

Jenny said...

Toronto is a great place to visit--I can't wait to go there myself someday. My husband has been there and had an awesome time. Can't wait to hear all about your next adventure!

Mick & Cathy said...

hmr,
The more I read about Toronto the more I think I have made an excellent choice.

Mo,
I also think its good I go on vacation so much, its a decision I made, I want to see places and meet people.

Jenny,
You will hear all about it. Its good to here people such as Craig enjoyed Toronto it just confirms my decision.

BF,
It will be a shame if we don't get the chance to meet up cos I would like to.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»