Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Help Please - Toronto

I have been checking Flight/Hotel deals for a number of North American Cities (planning another trip Sept/Oct.
I did intend to visit Boston but I cannot find a reasonable deal so I have checked other cities on my gonna see one day list.

On top of Boston I checked out Philadelphia, Washington & Atlanta but all US flights seem expensive at present (around £400+), Hotels were also costly in all but Atlanta.

Now by far the best deal I could find is to Toronto £267 and I can also get a good hotel deal. Now I know at least two blog friends live in this area so here are my questions ?

1. Has anyone ever flown with "Air Transat" ?
2. What are they like ?
3. Do you know anything about "Clarion Hotel" (near Sherbourne subway station) ?
4. Is this Hotel in a good area (if not what are the best areas) ?
5. What are the tourist attractions in Toronto ?
6. What is the nightlife like (live music scene) ?
7. What is the September weather like ?
8. How many days would be a good period to see the city ?
9. Anything else you can add ?


Nothing definate yet prices can come down on other flights, the one down side I have found so far is expensive flights to other cities to make it an two centre Holiday. I will be moitering prices over the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Modigliani said...

Toronto is a FANTASTIC city! Go, go, go!!

Clarion hotel is a chain - reputable, affordable, and a good choice. As for the neighborhood, I don't know about it. BUT in my experiences, all of Toronto is safe, clean, and enjoyable.

I've never flown Air Transat - and never even heard of it. sorry.

There is so much to see in Toronto - it's a very multi-cultural city. And since the winter gets very cold there, I think September would be a PERFECT time to go.

AFter seeing the city, you could rent a car and drive down to Niagara Falls and then perhaps New York State. (The Finger Lakes there are gorgeous, and they have fantastic wine country. Try the Niagara ice wines - they are famous for them!)

Alternately, you could take a train up to Ottawa, the capital city of Canada. The city borders the Ontario/Quebec provinces. So, you could even travel over to the French speaking side. They have a great museum there - The Museum of Civilizations - with impressive totem poles from First Nation Canadians. It's lovely, and again, September being the perfect time to visit those Northern places.

I love Canada! It's a fantastic country, and the people are wonderful. Much nicer than the obnoxious folks you'll find here in the USA! ;)

Mick & Cathy said...

Kristine/Modigli,
I really appreciate your input, this is really helpfull.
I will be making my decision as to where I go over the next week or so but you have made me believe Toronto is a good idea.

Mick & Cathy said...

Kristine,
Have a drink with you sure that will be great and something to look forward to. However it will be even better if you let me buy you a meal first, that is my intention when meeting my blog friends (see my post 25th March - Ambitions).

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»